Search for content in message boards

All Dudley's

All Dudley's

Posted: 10 Feb 2001 11:33AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 2:50PM GMT
Wanted to let everyone know to check the
www.rootsweb.com website and look in there world connect section. There is a lot of names here that sound familiar. My ancestry is from Va. traveled to Ga, Tenn. and Mo. My gggggrandfather was Nicholas Dudley from Va. I believe he had a brother named Hudson. Popular family names are also Hudson, William,James and John and Mary.
Posted: 25 Oct 2004 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2007 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Dudley, Anglin,
I recently found out from an 1880 census that my great-gandfather was a Dudley born in GA; his wife, Janetta, was born in TN. He had two sons--Lee Anderson Dudley, (1862-1939) and James Dudley. Do you have any knowledge of this line?

Re: All Dudley's

Posted: 4 Jul 2010 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Dudley
Nicholas Dudley is also my ggggrandfather as well! But I cannot find his date of death anywhere! I also cannot find the date of death for his wife, Mary, nor for my gggrandfather (Nicholas' son) Pullum and his wife Lucy. Nicholas and Mary are last shown on the 1850 Census in Hickman county Tennessee and Pullum and Lucy drop off in Grayson county Texas. Do you have any death dates on these 4 and the parents of Nicholas? Any help would be great.

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 9:56PM GMT
Hello,
Do you know if your Dudleys are in any way related to Joel Curtis Dudley born in Georgia in 1856? He is my gggrandfather and any assistance would be appreciated. I have lots of information from him down to me, thanks.
Darrell Dudley

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 9:56PM GMT
Hello,
Do you know if your Dudleys are in any way related to Joel Curtis Dudley born in Georgia in 1856? He is my gggrandfather and any assistance would be appreciated. I have lots of information from him down to me, thanks.
Darrell Dudley

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 8:56PM GMT
Hello,
It is entirely possible that Joel Curtis Dudley and my Dudley's are related. My Dudley's came from Virginia to North Carolina and then on to Georgia before moving to Tennessee. I do believe that some of the Dudley's stayed behind in Georgia while some migrated to Tennessee. My Nicholas was born in Virginia in 1791. Your Joel could be the grandson of one of Nicholas' brothers who opted to stay in Georgia. Do you have a George Dudley born in England in 1715 in your line?
Thanks,
Heather

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: dudley
Hi my name is michael dudley jr i.am wanting help filling in the blanks my grand dad name is guy m dudley and mygrandmother is agnes may vice can you help me with mytree

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 8:44PM GMT
Hey, Michael! Any of us who could help you will need to know where your grandparents live, and which of your family you have birth, marriage, and death dates for. Please post that information on this message board, and you're likely to receive some direction and the help you've asked for. Signed, A Dudley grand-daughter.

Posted: 10 May 2012 9:45PM GMT
Hi Heather,

George Dudley is my 5th GG from Hackney, England (1715 - 1791). You mentioned the family traveled from Virginia through North Carolina to Georgia. Do you have any information in regards to the locations and dates the family lived in these states? George died in Butts, GA in 1791.

Thanks,

George "Mike" Dudley

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:59PM GMT
Hi George "Mike",
With the research I've done thus far, I also believe that George Dudley (1715-1791) from Hackney, England is in my direct line (5th or 6th great grandfather). George is a common name among my family of Dudleys. I have them in Virginia in the 1780's and at 1790 (my 4th great grandfather, Nicholas, was born in Virginia I believe in 1791). They then moved to North Carolina and Georgia. I don't have exact dates, but I did find a land lottery in Georgia dated 1805 which Nicholas is part of. The next date I know for certain is that my 3rd great grandfather was born in Tennessee in 1822. They remained in Tennessee until the 1860's before moving to Missouri, then Arkansas, then Texas and on to Oklahoma before moving back to Texas again. My 3rd great grandfather Pullum (or P.A. as he was often times referred to) went to Texas without his family in the early 1860's and enlisted in the civil war (confederate troops). I found a fellow soldier on the roster with the same last name as his wife's maiden name (Graham) so I think that perhaps he went there with his brother-in-law to check things out before moving the family there. Family story has it that Pullum's house in Tennesse was burned to the ground by union troops during the civil war (Nicholas was in the saltpeter business and that could be why). Might we be related? Which of George's line do you descend from?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions