Search for content in message boards

McCann Family

McCann Family

Posted: 19 Aug 1999 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2002 1:41PM GMT
I have no idea where my my MCann family came from. My Gr Gr Grandfather was Owen, b. 1826, d. 1896, married Margaret Calahan, date Unknown, they had 7 children as follows:
1. Michael, b. Unk, d. 1922, m. Elizabeth (??)
2. Catherine, dates unknown, married Arthur Donnelly, date unkown.
3. Jane, b. 1848, died 1904, married Patrick Traynor. Patrick and Jane were my Gr Grandparents; Patrick is buried in Stephen, MN and Jane is presumer buried in Gilby, ND
4. Rose, b. 1854, d. 1910, married John Byrne, dates unk.
5. Owen, b. 1859, married Hanna (??). No other info available.
6. Margaret, b. 1861, d. 1929, married Hugh Ryan, dates are unknown.
7. Mary Anne, b. 1868, d. 1942, married John Charlton, dates unknown. This family resided in Stephen, MN much of their lives ad are buried their.
ANY INFO WOULD BE GRETLY APPRECIATED!!

McCann

Rebecca Fordman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 1999 12:21PM GMT
My baby brother was adopted by a McCann family here in NY state, sometime between 1968-1970. His name I believe was Fred, And hers I know was Rita. He is dead now, and I believe she has since remarried.

Owen McCann

Posted: 8 Jan 2000 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 5:00PM GMT
Please email me about the McCann family. I
might have some information.
libby1@san.rr.com

Jane McCann

Billy Hungeling (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 11:05AM GMT
Jane McCann was my great-great grandmother and I was told she was born in Ontario. She and Patrick Traynor had a son Michael John Traynor who was born March 8, 1878 in Lanark, Ontario.

McCann Family

Posted: 2 Aug 2000 9:35AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2003 7:47PM GMT
I sugest you look at St. Edwards Church records in Westport, Leeds, Ontario. Lots of McCanns. The names Trainor and Ryan also ring a bell. I am looking for records of Edward McCann and Hororah McCann.

Reply to your message

Posted: 19 Feb 2001 8:18AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 1:05AM GMT
I am not sure if we are related, but here it goes.
There is a McCann listed in our family tree.

John Trainor married Catherine Daly. They had 8 known children.
They immigrated to Canada with some of their children. Michael (age around 20) immigrated to Canada (King Twp. York Co., Ontario along with his brother John Jr
Michael married Sarah Anne Horan. Michael is my husband's great great grandfather. He started the tradition of naming the eldest son after his father.
We continued the tradition of naming our oldest son after his grandfather Patrick as well.
We live on the original Traynor Homestead, near Owen Sound, Ontario. This community is known as the "Irish Block".

My husband Michael's Great Great Grandfather Michael had a sister name Anne.
She married John Rossiter of Co. Wicklow Ireland and remaned in Ireland. Their son John Jr. immigrated to Canada with some of his sibblings.
Their eldest son John Rossiter, Jr. married Bridget Creenann, they also had 8 children, one named John P. Rossiter who married Sarah Ann McCann (1868-1936). Sarah Ann was the daughter of Bernard McCann and Mary "Margaret" O'Brien.

Some of this information/may be off. I noticed in some of the records, dates and names aren't always consistent.

Anyway it does seem a coincidence that We have both Traynors/McCann in our family tree.

If you any of this makes sense. Please e-mail back and perhaps we can pursue this further.

Michael and Jerrie Traynor

Re: Reply to your message

Brian Traynor (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am new to this{searching for my family tree}
My father was born in owen sound his name is Robert Patrick Traynor ifyou could help me out i would be greatful
thank you

Re: Reply to your message

Posted: 30 Jun 2008 6:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have inf. on the Traynor/Gardhouse family.
If you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic