Search for content in message boards

BIGGS in N.La and/or Ark.

BIGGS in N.La and/or Ark.

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 2:03PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2005 5:51PM GMT
We are looking for any info regarding Frank Green Biggs and wife Alice(Swartz(?)Biggs.They had one son.W.W.Biggs(my dad)born in 1910 in Jonesboro La.Frank had brothers and sister(s).Frank's wife Alice was a Native American Indian.Franks's brothers were muleskinners in Okla.and possible Tenn.W.W.Biggs(Bill) was reared by one of Frank's bothers,Earl.Please help if possible.

Re: BIGGS in N.La and/or Ark.

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Biggs/McDaniel
Hi Can you tell me where in N. La. and Ar. you are talking about. What towns I mean. My Biggs families were in Southeast Ar. Henry Clint Biggs, b 1822 in Al? He was in Drew Co. Ar. by 1847. I'm not sure the exact yr. he arrived. He and his wife had several children. His younger daughter Joan is my G. Grandmother. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Charlotte

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 12:14AM GMT
Hi,My Biggs lived in Northeastern Ar,My grand father Frank E.Biggs married Allice Gordon in Jonesboro,Ar.in 1907.I am searching for the Gordon's,her family who lived in Woodruff Co.There isn't any Henry Clint Biggs in my lineage.Sorry I couldnt help more.I am facing that brickwall with my grandmother Allice.

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 10:54PM GMT
Hi
Would there be any connection with Amity, AR. I'm told that my gr gr grandfather fathered a child with a full bloodied Cherokee woman who was a slave in the Biggs plantation there. I found records of of my gr grandfather, who is listed as mulatto, but I can't find anything past him. They say his father's name was John, but I cna't find a John connection to Amity, AR.
Thanks for any info.

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 3:39PM GMT
John Fletcher Biggs, son of Rev/Dr. Amariah lived in the area of Amity, Clark County and Center Point, Howard County. He was a well known physician and is mentioned frequently in the CLARK COUNTY HISTORICAL JOURNAL and the HOWARD COUNTY HERITAGE. John F. was born 29 Dec., 1832 in TN and died 28 March 1902 in Center Point, Howard Co. Arkansas.

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 3:57PM GMT
This could be the John who is referenced as my gr gr grandfather as he would have been 22 yoa when my gr grandfather was born (1854). I also have info that Dr. Amariah had a brother named John, but I believe the John F., rather than John H or J.
Thank you so much for the info.

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: BIGGS
IF YOU CAN TRACK HIM BACK ONE PARTICULAR COUNTY IN TENN, WHICH MAY NOT BE EASY, BUT THERE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE MUCH TROUBLE GOING BACK FURTHER.
BORN IN 1832 TENN, A LOOK AT THE 1850 CENSUS, MAY BE ALL IT TAKES. HE'D BE ABOUT 18 AND HOPEFULLY STILL AT HOME. IN 1832 THE BIGGS IN FAR EAST TENN RELATE TO JOHN BIGGS WHO ENLISTED IN RW FROM WESTMORELAND CO PA. BIGGS IN ROBERTSON, SUMNER, AND LINCOLN COs GO BECK TO JAMES BIGGS d 1767 CURRITUCK CO NC, AND THE ONES IN STEWART, GIBSON AND PERHAPS DYER CO GO BACK TO JOSEPH BIGGS OF TYRELL / MARTIN CO NC. THE BENJAMIN BIGGS IN SHELBY AND /OR TIPTON CO ONLY HAD SONS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AND JAMES WASHINGTON BIGGS, AND THE OTHER BIGGS FAMILY IN SHELBY CO DIDNT COME THERE UNTIL AROUND 1840, FROM EDGECOMBE CO NC.
IT IS POSSIBLE THERE IS ONE MORE UNRELATED BIGGS FAMILY IN SUMNER/ROBERTSON CO BUT HE COULD BE RELATED ALSO AND I JUST HAVENT GOT HIM TIED IN. DAN

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 5:39PM GMT
LOOKING AT AMARIAH BIGGS ba 1802 NC,IN TUCKER CLARK CO ARK 1850 JOHN F AGE 18, IS ONE SON AND A SON AMARIAH TOO. BACKTRACK TO 1840 CENSUS HE'S IN FAYETTE CO TN, WIFE'S AGE RANGE MATCHES 1850. 1830 HE'S IN GIBSON CO, LISTED ON ANCESTRY AS AARIAH BIGGS 1-1-0-0-1 / 1-1-1-0-1
IT APPEARS MARY A AGE 30 IN 1850 IS A SECOND WIFE, BUT LIKELY THE SAME WIFE OF 1840. STUDY 1830, GIBSON CO, 1840 FAYETTE CO, AND 1850 CLARK CO ARK, YOU CAN MAP OUT HIS TWO FAMILIES. BY MY FIGURING, THERE ARE ONE MORE SON AND ONE MORE DAUGHTER THAT HAVE DIED OR GROWN UP AND LEFT HOME, NOT ON THE 1850 CENSUS.
BY HIM BEING IN GIBSON CO TN 1830 AND ba 1802 NC, IT'S A CINCH HE'S FROM ONE OF THE BUNCH WHO LEFT WILLIAMSON, MARTIN CO NC NOT LONG AFTER 1800 FOR TENN. AMONG THE GROUP WERE ONE OR MORE SONS OF JOSEPH BIGGS # 2, AND HE WRITES OF MISSING THEM. JOSEPH #2 ba 1766, IS S/O JOSEPH # 1 ba 1726 [S/O JOHN da 1747-1754 PASQUOTANK CO NC, WHO IS SON OR G-SON OF THOMAS BIGGS] AND MARGARET EASTWOOD.

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 7:33PM GMT
I SHOULDNT HAVE CALLED IT A "LETTER" AS SUCH. I BELIEVE I READ IT ON A SITE THAT WAS IN REGARD TO HIS WORK IN THE KEHUKEE ASSN, PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH ORG HE WAS INVOLVED IN AS WAS AMARIAH BIGGS[#1} b 1766 CURRITUCK CO S/O JAMES BIGGS d 1767/8 CURRITUCK CO NC AND ALSO MOSES BENNETT. THERE WERE PROBABLY MORE MEN INVOLVED IN THE ASSN TOO.
HE ALSO WROTE OF AMARIAH BIGGS, WHICH YOU CAN FIND BY TYPING AMARIAH BIGGS AND CLICK "GO". AMARIAH, BY THEN OF WASH CO NC, DROWNED ABOUT 1827. JOSEPH'S WRITING ABOUT THAT WAS IN 1834. KEHUKEE ASSOCIATION WILL COME ON "SEARCH" ALSO. DAN

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Biggs
PLEASE....anything you have on Amariah (born 10 Dec 1802, died 30 May 1889) I want to see. I've never had anything regarding the move to TN. Feel free to use my direct email: patbake@bcsnet.net
Why do you think Amariah only had one wife?? I KNOW the mother of WHH was Mary Alva...my grandfather was named for her.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions