Search for content in message boards

James and Mehitable (Haines) Hunter Family From New York to Michigan

James and Mehitable (Haines) Hunter Family From New York to Michigan

Posted: 20 Aug 2008 8:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2008 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Haines
Looking for information on the James Hunter & Mehitable Haines family that lived in Orange, county New York and moved to Oakland co., Michigan in 1826. Later moved to Ionia co. Michigan. Children were: Hiram,William,James,Charles,Alfred, Elizabeth & Fanny. Hiram had children in Detroit and two were Photographers. William,Charles & Alfred married 3 sisters last name Porter in Oakland county before moving to Ionia county from 1848-1850. They had a nephew in Bloomfield,Oakland co., name of James G. Hunter. He was well known citizen of his time. Died there 1885. William, Charles & Alfred had large families in Keene, Ionia county, Michigan. any one with any information please contact me. I am working with a couple other family members interested in our families genealogy. We have alot of info to share!

Re: James and Mehitable (Haines) Hunter Family From New York to Michigan

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, McGraw
I just read your posting from last year and wondered if you had found any more information.
I have a James G. Hunter in my family line who married my first cousin [4 X's removed], Mary Kelso McGraw 2 Apr 1840. They had 5 children. All events took place in Oakland County, Michigan.
I have been anxious to find James' family and parents. I have it that he was born in Montgomery County, New York in 1810. I would appreciate any history notes you have for him and his family. Thank you for your time.

Posted: 3 Nov 2009 8:14PM GMT
Greetings,

Sorry it took so long to reply but I had all but givin up on these post. I can send you family files, etc. I have quite a bit of stuff collected over the years. We can exchange email address's to make this easier.

Stan Hunter

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Haines Beattie Crist
Will of John B. Haines (written 3/28/1818 mentions Orange Co., NY will book F, pg. 238) mentians a daughter Mehitable Hunter. Would enjoy hearing from you. I'm working on Haines in Orange Co., NY and Oakland Co., MI, too. Sarah Haines married John Beattie around 1808 in Orange Co., NY. Per "Find-a-grave" she died in 1823 (buried at Covenanter Cem. in Coldenham). Their son Robert Jackson Beattie married Sally Crist and moved to Bloomfield in Oakland Co., MI around 1829. Robert's uncle Thomas Beattie also moved to Bloomfield, and later to Ionia Co. (Keene, I believe). I think Sarah was probably daughter fo David Haines of Montgomery, NY, who died in 1824. Don't know how David Haines would be connected to John B. Haines, but would guess they were relatives. Regards, Rod
per page

Find a board about a specific topic