Search for content in message boards

FORD family in Catahoula Parish

FORD family in Catahoula Parish

bill wood (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2002 4:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Mar 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: FORD, ROARK
Where or where can RUEBEN FORD (b. 1847 LA) have been? I can't find him with any FORD families in the 1850 or 1860 LA Census... but he marries SARAH JANE ROARK in Catahoula Parish in 1866... he is listed living there in the 1870 & 1880 LA Census... and SARAH JANE still lives there in the 1900 LA Census. Trying to find his parents. Any help appreciated.

Re: FORD family in Catahoula Parish

larry goodeaux (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 2:18PM GMT
Mr. Wood

Just a note to let you know that I may know what has become of your Reuben Ford.....I seem to remember him being listed in the Household of William B Davis...(not sure of the year)(I'll have to check my notes when I can get to them), you may want to check in the censuses for his household, I think he was there with a James Ford who is enumerated also with the Wm. B. Davis household, my cousin Terri will try to find out and I will try to get back in contact with you.
If she doesn't find out befoire this afternoon, I'll look myself when I get home, and will try to email you the results today.
I hope I've found your reuben for you.......do you like the bread toasted?

lol

Yours respectively
Larry D. Goodeaux, Jr
TxKajn31@aol.com

Re: FORD family in Catahoula Parish

Bill Wood (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2002 4:16AM GMT
Thanks for the help... was the WILLIAM B. DAVIS you mentioned in Catahoula Parish?... the only one I could find there had some FORBES children living with him... I really do appreciate the help... I think REUBEN FORD's dad must have died before 1850... mom might have gotten remarried... or moved to another state for awhile... 'tis puzzling.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic