Search for content in message boards

Maria Benigna de Jesus Sanchez b. 16 Feb 1836, El Rito, NM

Maria Benigna de Jesus Sanchez b. 16 Feb 1836, El Rito, NM

Steve Abeyta (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 4:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2009 12:25PM GMT
Surnames: Sanchez, Mercure, Gallegos, Ortiz
Looking for additional information on the family of Maria Benigna de Jesus Sanchez b. 16 Feb 1836, El Rito, NM. I believe that was married to Henri Mercure. Maria's parents were Alphonso Sanchez and Maria Geromina Ortiz. Alphonso's parents are Jose Francisco Sanchez and Maria Gertrudis Gallegos. Any validation of this information, or additional information would be appreciated.

Re: Maria Benigna de Jesus Sanchez b. 16 Feb 1836, El Rito, NM

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2002 4:11AM GMT
Alfonso Sanchez, age 35 and Geronima Ortiz, age 28 are in the El Rio, NM, census of 1845 (Frame 453), page 230. Listed with them are their children, Ramon, 12; Maria Tomasa, 10; Prudencia, 8; Venigna, 6; and Maria Antonia, 2.

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2009 12:26PM GMT
Surnames: Mercure, Sanchez
There is an online tree for Ma.Benigna, none of the names You listed of Maria Benigna de Jesus Sanchez's Parents match up? The online tree is for Maria Benigna Sanchez Mercure, Spouse is Henri (Enrique) Mercure. These Are My Great Great Grandparents, I too would like to see which names are correct, if You know which are correct or any other info on this(my)family, Please Email me or post here. Thanks! Rafa Gallegos: crazydogg13@hotmail.com

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Sanchez, Mercure
I am not related, but do have access to some marriage and baptismal records. Here are the marriage records for Mercure from:

EL RITO MARRIAGES
YEARS 1869-1930

5 Apr 1875 x
Maria Benigna Sanchez, widow of Enrique Mercure, with Manuel Valencia single, legitimate son of Juan de Dios Valencia and of Maria Ignacia Lovato. Witnesses, Mateo Vigil and his wife. (Note: This record reversed—the bride entered first—very unusual).

9 Jan 1879 (Tierra Amarilla)
Guadalupe Duran single, legitimate son of Damian Duran and of (faded out) with Teodora Trugillo single, legitimate daughter of Jose Maria Trugillo and of Juana Montolla. Witnesses, Manuel Valencia, Francisco (scribbled), Manuel Sanchez and Luiza Mercure.

24 Jan 1881 (Tierra Amarilla)x
Carlos Le Rouge single, legitimate son of Carlos Le Rouge and of Rosa Quintana with Adelaida Mercure single, legitimate daughter of Enrique Mercure and of Benina Sanchez. Witnesses and Padrinos, Wales Gold, Luiza Mercure, and Pablo Salazar.

5 Nov 1921 (El Rito)
Salomon LeRouge from Tasiecitas, (Lumberton parish), son of Carlos M. LeRouge and Adelaida Mercux, married Carolina Martinez from La Madera, daughter of Juan Torres and Josefina Martinez, adopted daughter of Juan Agustin Martinez and Delfina Martinez.

In Los Ojos on the 5th of November of 1887, I married and veiled Leandro Mercure from Los Ojos, single, legitimate son of Enrique Mercure, deceased, and of Maria Benina Sanchez with Juana Garcia from Las Nutrias, legitimate daughter of Juan Garcia and of Teodora de Luna. Paid $9.00. Padrinos, Antonio Cordoba and Francisca Garcia.

Today the 29th of June of 1891, I married and veiled Placido Mercure from Parkview, single, iligitimate son of Margarita Mercure with Simona Martinez also from Parkview, single, legitimate daughter of Jesus Martinez and of Juana Esquivel. Witnesses, Sabino Olivas and Aurelia Cisneros.

On the 7th of September of 1899, I married and veiled Jose Dolores Lopez widow in 1st marriage of Casimira Abeita, legitimate son of Antonio Jose Lopez, deceased, and of Maria Andrea Romero, resident of Park View, with Margarita Mercure single, adoptive of Henrique Mercure, deceased, and of of Benigna Sanchez, deceased, residents of Park View. Witnesses, Pablo Valdez and Suzana Martinez.

On the 5th of November of 1900, I married and veiled Jose Angel Gallegos single, legitimate daughter of Torribio Gallegos and of Antonia Abeita, residents of Edith, with Celina Leronge single, legitimate daughter of Carlos Leronge and of Adelaida Mercure, residents of La Magina de los Brazos. Witnesses, Facundo Baca and Isabel Garcia. Enrique Mercure and Carmel Gallegos.

On the 17th of June of 1902, I married and veiled Placido Mercure widow in 1st marriage of simona Martinez, natural son of Margarita Mercure, residents of Park View, with Delfina Carrillo single, legitimate daughtger of Jose Rafael Carrillo, deceased, and of Mariana Elena Madrid, resident of Park View. Witnesses, Juan Carrillo and Benigna De Herrera.

No. 1. January 1909. Jose Eduardo Lucero from Lumberton, NM, baptized in Lumberton on August 12, 1886, son of Jose P. Lucero and of Marina C. de Lucero with Eugenia Mercure from Lumberton, baptized in Park View, NM on September 16, 1888, daughter of J. Leandro Mercure and Juana G. de Mercure. Witnesses, S(smeared) Sanchez and his wife. Jose Gallegos and his wife.

There may be others - please contact me at dfmkwilson@yahoo.com

Fellow researcher
Martha Sanchez-Wilson

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Sanchez
From Abiquiu Baptisms, v. II, pages 57, 71, 84 and 140 respectively.

Sanchez, Jose Ramon bap 18 Aug (1828), ae 4 da; s/ Alfonso Sanchez & Geronima Ortiz, vecinos del Rito; ap/ Jose Francisco Sanchez & Gertrudes Gallego; am/ Juan Jose Ortiz & Marta Padilla; gp/ Josef Pedro Gomes and Maria Manuela Martin, vecinos del Rito.

Frame 2814
Sanches, Juan Nepomuceno bap 30 Jan 1838, ae 10 da; s/ Alfonso Sanches & Maria Geronima Ortis; ap/ FRancisco Sanches & Gertrudes Gallegos; am/ Juan Jose Ortis & Marta Padilla; gp/ Jose Ramon Vigil & Maria Solome Vigil del Rito.

Sanches, Maria Antonia (El Rito) bap 13 Aug 1839, ae 4 da; d/ Alfonso Sanches & Maria Geronima Ortiz; ap/ Francisco Sanches & Maria Gertrudes Pacheco; am/ Juan Jose Ortiz & Marta Padilla; gp/ Jose Sabino Chaves & Maria Guadalupe Vigil.

Sanches, Maria Juliana bap 5 Jly 1842, ae 2 da; d/ Alfonso Sanches & Geronima Martin; ap/ Jose Francisco Sanches & Getrudes (n.s.); am Marta (sic) Padia (only); gp/ Diego Ortega & Maria Salome Vigil del Rito.
-------------------------------------------------------
Page 43
Sanchez, Theodoro
bap 3 Apr [1825], ae 4 da; s/ Miguel Sanchez & Catalina Garcia; ap/ Jose Francisco Sanchez & Gertrudis Gallego; am/ Candelaria Garcia & Th(torn) Archuleta; gp/ Juan Cristoval Ortega & Maria Ygnacia Martin, vecinos del Rito

Page 52
Sanches, Francisco Antonio bap [Mch 1828] s/ Miguel Sanches & Catalina Garcia; ap/ Jose Francisco Sanchez & Maria Gertrudes Baldes; am/ Candelario Garcia & Maria Rita Archuleta; gp/ Juan Manuel Gomes & Maria de Jesus Chavez, vecinos del Rito.

Page 70
Sanches, Maria Manuela (El Rito) bap 2 Jan 1838, ae 4 da; d/ Migue(l) Sanches & Maria Josefa Montoya; ap/ Jose Sanches & Maria Catarina Garcia; am/ Candelario Garcia (sic) & Maria Rita Archuleta; gp/ Diego Antonio Espinosa & Maria Rita Gomes. (NOTE: there are quite a few inconsistencies in this entry, but decided it was close enough to include for you, mw)

Martha Sanchez-Wilson

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions