Search for content in message boards

ELLARDS, Buttevant & Doneraile area of Cork

ELLARDS, Buttevant & Doneraile area of Cork

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2002 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: ELLARD, FLYNN, CLANCY, WIGMORE
Am researching the ELLLARDS who primarily resided in Buttevant/Doneraile/Glaunthane districts. Daniel Ellard was b 1816, married Martha Flynn and immigrated to Boston in 1847. Around the same time, Edward Ellard b. 1799, and his wife, Mary Honora Wigmore immigrated along with their children: Honora, Mary, George; and John Ellard b 1798, wife Deborah Clancy; and Cornelius Ellard, b 1820, and his wife, Mary, who had two small babies when they immigrated in 1848. Any connections or similar interests??

Wigmores

Margaret Rowe (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wigmore
Hello Iam researching my family of Wigmores . My earliest Wigmore is Henry William Wigmore son of Henry Wigmore and Mary Cook. Henry William was born 1792 in Lismore Ireland . He married Susan Casey in C of E Cork , Ireland in July 1824. Henry W. was in the British Army , later emigrating to Australia with his family in 1840. Could this family be tied in with yours ?
Regards Margaret

Re: ELLARDS, Buttevant & Doneraile area of Cork

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wigmore, Lutzius, McManus, Morris, Kelly, Quigly, Nolan
I have an Honora that married Henry Wigmore and the lived in Middletown, Conn. They came from England (I'm not sure where) to work for a Masonry company that advertised in England (not sure where). You can write me at JonPeg@optonline.net and hopefully I will have more information.
Best regards.

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 8:49PM GMT
Whoops, she's the widow of Michael Wigmore.

Pat Monahan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: ELLARD
Would that be a Honora Ellard? What time frame would that be?

Marguerite Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 3:13AM GMT
Honora Wigmore, sorry

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Ellard, Healy
I am the gg grandson of Ellen Ellard who married a Patrick or Cornelius Healy, both from Ireland I think. They had a daughter Mary Anne Healy, who was baptised in Buttevant around 1867. In 1892 she married and became a Coulter.
I gather the Ellens parents were wealthy horse breeders who exported them to America, possibly Boston. I am desparately seeking more info if anyone can help.

PETER WEST (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2004 11:12PM GMT
Correction to last message, should read "I gather the Ellards (Ellens parents) were wealthy horse breeders......
If anyone can help please contact pete@leytonwest.freeserve.co.uk
Thanks.

PETER WEST (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2004 11:13PM GMT
Correction to last message, should read "I gather the Ellards (Ellens parents) were wealthy horse breeders......
If anyone can help please contact pete@leytonwest.freeserve.co.uk
Thanks.

Posted: 4 May 2013 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, Wigmore, Ellard
Hi Pat,

I believe Mary Honora was a sister of Olympia Wigmore of Liscarroll, Co. Cork. I have Edmund as a witness at the marriage of Olympia to William Murphy in 1838 in Churchtown, Co. Cork. Interested in finding out more on the Ellards and the connections with the Wigmores and Murphy's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic