Search for content in message boards

Perez Dunham

Perez Dunham

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunham, Brewster
I am researching my Dunham line from Hopewell, Albert, New Brunswick, and have gone as far back as my ggg grandfather Perez Dunham b. about 1820 in New Brunswick, in the 1881 census. His spouse is listed as Zenah Dunham, with one child living at home George w. Dunham who married Maggie a. brewster, any information would be greatly appreciated and have my line to share.

Thanks Dave

Re: Perez Dunham

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 6:48PM GMT
In the marriage records for Westmorland County (which Albert was part of at the time), there is a marriage of Percy Dunham (Dorchester) and Zena Hicks (Sackville) on June 19, 1845. At that time, it was common for people to move between those parts of Westmorland and Albert counties.

I also noted in the 1891Census that the birthplace of Perez's parents is indicated as being the US, while Zena's is NB.

Hopefully, these facts may help you do further tracing.

The family is also listed in the 1861 and 1871 Censuses for Albert County.
They are in the 1851 Westmoreland County Census, but with different spellings for their first names.
There are other Hicks families there, but I didn't see any other Dunhams.
The 1851 Census can be found online by searching "automatedgenealogy.com"

In the 1861 book, Perez is transcribed as Perce Dunhay.
If you do not have any of the 1861-1871-1891 Census data, email me and I can
forward it.

Cliff

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 11:30PM GMT
There's a lot of Dunhams in the New Brunswick Provincial Archives. Some of them may be yours.
http://archives.gnb.ca/APPS/GovRecs/VISSE/Default.aspx?cultu...

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 12:21AM GMT

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 3:08AM GMT
I have to thank all of you for your help with this. I now have my line back to England, so if I can offer any assistance to anyone else please feel free to contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic