Search for content in message boards

Robert Wilder Dawson Burial site

Robert Wilder Dawson Burial site

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Can anyone shed some light on a Dawson Family cemetery in Onslow County. Rober Wilder Dawson married into my Wooten family-he married a Susan Ann Wooten-she died in 1919 and her death certificate states she was buried in "The Family Cemetery". Hope someone can lead me in the right direction. You can post message here or contact me directly at jbk6397@bellsouth.net.

Sincerely,
Brady Wooten Kerr

Re: Robert Wilder Dawson Burial site

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Robert W. Dawson cemetery is located behind the Hillcrest Mobile Home Park off State Road #1257 in Onslow County. The cemetery is a ways back in the woods and is difficult to find. In 1990, John Baker of Baker Repair Shop was my guide. There are over 20 graves in this cemetery; however, only 12 stone markers legible.

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 9:50PM GMT
A follow up to my earlier post": Mr. John Baker, my guide in 1990, resides at 123 Denise Drive, Jacksonville, NC 28540. His phone number is 910-347-7026. He is around 75 yrs old now.

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 9:53PM GMT
Also, Susan Ann Wooten Dawson died in 1916, not 1919. this is verified by her death certificate and her gravemarker.

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 2:47PM GMT
Do you know of anyone who could get out to this cemetery and at least document those buried there and it would be wonderful if someone could take pictures of the headstones that are still readable.

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 2:48PM GMT
Thank you-I have updated the date of death for Susan.

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 2:49PM GMT
Thank you for this information-I will try to contact him and see what he knows.

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 5:23PM GMT
I surveyed the cemetery with Mr. Baker in 1989. The results are in my book Onslow County Cemetery Records, Southwest Township, Volume 4 by James Michael Whaley. Cemetery survey is on pages 60-61.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions