Search for content in message boards

looking for half-brother born in 1946

looking for half-brother born in 1946

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2013 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Beckvar
Our half-brother was born and given up for adoption in NY/NJ area between January 1946 and October 1946. We are told he was adopted by a doctor and his wife in the Morristown, NJ area. Birth mother's last name was Beckvar and she was an Army nurse in WWII. Birth mother lived in Staten Island, NY.

Re: looking for half-brother born in 1946

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Chamberlain, Gould, Siptroth
Pamela, this is weird, but we have 2 boys that were adopted by a doctor and his wife in the Morristown, NJ area as well. Approximately 1952-54 they were born between 1949-1953. Birth mothers maiden was Gould. Step mother was Siptroth. Their last name at birth was Chamberlain. Could this possibly be the same doctor?

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 3:56PM GMT
Hi....

So excited to get a response!

Well, we know for sure that our half-brother was born in first half of 1946. We also know that our mother (the birth mother) returned from WWII Dec.45/Jan.46 pregnant and she started working for Dr. Joseph Corr (obstetrician)in NY, NY July/August 1946. Baby was born in the time period between. We just this week learned that she worked for this Dr., we assume, right after she had the baby/gave baby up for adoption. We, today, are wondering if this could be the Dr. that delivered our half-brother. I am very interested in who the Dr. in Morristown was who adopted these other 2 boys. How can we find that out? Reading your message I am not clear on who Siptroth is? I guess my question is do you know the last name of the Dr. who adopted these 2 boys?

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Chamberlain, Gould, Siptroth
Pamela,
We don not know the name of the Dr. Or his wife. But for sure know they were from Morristown. Siptroth was their step moms maiden name when they were put up for adoption. Chamberlain was their dads last name and Gould was their moms maiden last name. Chamberlain remarried and him with second wife (C. Siptroth) put the two boys up for adoption.
We would love to find out what happened to those two boys! Unfortunately, only one of 4 of their full blooded and older brothers is alive, and yrs ago he did anything possible to find them with no success. Possibly because the adopted parents were still alive. On this side, birth parents and stepmom have been deceased. We just hope that the boys know they were adopted and are looking for us as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic