Search for content in message boards

Davidson family in Verona

Davidson family in Verona

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 5:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2012 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Davidson
I have letter from 1849 passed down through the family with info on Adam Davidson, who bought land in Verona Township in 1844,b. in Scotland to Thomas and Margaret Davidson. Brother George who wrote the letter arrived after Adam, bought land in Primrose Township. Brother Thomas arrived with sister Agnes around 1859. All are listed in 1860 census for Verona. Lots of info on Adam and Thomas who was my ggfather. Looking for info on where Agnes and George are buried. Agnes also had a son George who is buried in Verona Cemetery. They may be buried there also, still looking.
I am working on family history and will leave copy in Verona Public library history room when finished.

Re: Davidson family in Verona

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 6:24AM GMT
I feel that I am somewhat familiar with the branch of the tree that involves Thomas&Agnes and Adam&Jane, but I am a bit confused about the part of the Davidson's that you referred to. I think that Thomas & Margaret in Scotland had six children: Adam 1814, Janet 1821, George 1826,John 1826 (could they be twins or sloppy census work?) Thomas 1831, and Agnes 1835. But my question is: Who are the parents of George Alexander Davidson 1857? I think it is Thomas 1831 and a woman also named Agnes??? Could this family have more Agneses, Adams, Thomases and Williams???

Re: Davidson family in Verona

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 6:24AM GMT
I feel that I am somewhat familiar with the branch of the tree that involves Thomas&Agnes and Adam&Jane, but I am a bit confused about the part of the Davidson's that you referred to. I think that Thomas & Margaret in Scotland had six children: Adam 1814, Janet 1821, George 1826,John 1826 (could they be twins or sloppy census work?) Thomas 1831, and Agnes 1835. But my question is: Who are the parents of George Alexander Davidson 1857? I think it is Thomas 1831 and a woman also named Agnes??? Could this family have more Agneses, Adams, Thomases and Williams???
per page

Find a board about a specific topic