Search for content in message boards

Schneider in New Orleans area

Schneider in New Orleans area

Tim (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2000 10:29PM GMT
Looking for lost part of my family. Need a connection with the 'Walker' surname.
Some family names...George Schneider, Lillian Walker, Moonyean Walker.
Posted: 2 Nov 2000 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:27PM GMT
Hi Tim,
I am descended from Schneider's of New Orleans. What dates are you including? Your names do not sound familar, but you never know.
email me: marshal@datastar.net

Schneider Family in New Orleans

Tim Recks (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 8:42AM GMT
Dear Marsha:
My grandparents somehow just lost touch with their relatives and seeing how that three of them passed away before I was born makes it difficult to ask them. Hence I don't have a lot of information about my ancestors passed what my grandparents names were. Schneider was grandmothers madien name and Walker my Grandads name. Any connection? I am looking into my cousins names and try the research from another angle. Tim
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:27PM GMT
Hi Tim,
Do you have any known dates for them? My GGrandfather was Charles Schneider. I don't even know if he had any siblings! It seems he may have been married twice. First to a Caroline Baker Meatz, or something like that according to baptism records. They were marred 1865 in New Orleans.
He then appears to have married Elizabeth Hammell in 1874. Of which my Grandfather (b1879) was a result of, and I don't know if they had any other children.
My Grandfather was Martin Schneider, b1879 in either New Orleans or Bay St. Louis, Ms. Martin was married in 1909 to Angeline LucdeGuerry of Bay St. Louis, Ms. at Our Lady of the Gulf Church. Martin Angeline had 3 children, but raised only 2 to adulthood. There was my Father, Charles Mitchell Schneider, born 1910 and Martin Schneider, Jr., born 1924.
Martin, Sr. may have had a 1/2 sister born of the first marriage of Charles to Caroline Baker Meautz. Her name was Magdalena Schneider born 1869 in New Orleans. Magdalena married Alexander E. Damborino in 1894 in Bay St. Louis, Ms.
Apparently my information is as vague as yours appears to be. I am having a very difficult time tracing Schneider lines in general. There just seem to be so many of them. Know what I mean..
Anyhow, your names are not familar but I'll keep a lookout. Let me know the dates also.
Bye for now,

Schneiders of New Orlands

Fredick herman Schneider (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 5:03PM GMT
My husband family came from new orlands we no very little about them He married a Delia Hass and moved to Biloxi Miss don't no if were related Vernon Schneider

Schneider - New Orleans area

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 8:40PM GMT
I am grandaughter of John Joseph Schneider (b. 1881, d. 1963), one of 8 children of Peter William Schneider and Louisa Baum. Most of the 8 children and their families live in LA, TX, MS, et. The Schneider family owned and operated the St. Joe Brick Works in Slidell, LA for many years. Do you think there may be a connection?

Schneider family

Tim (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 12:21PM GMT
Betty,
There might be but I think the best chance would be from a marriage. My family spelled their name "Schneida", even back in Austria where they came from. There are families that are looking into the connection but the history would be back in the 1700's, to old for any of my information. But if you have an Anton Schneida in the family....
Happy hunting, Tim

Schneider family

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 9:05PM GMT
Hi Tim, Will be on the lookout for Anton Schneida. Happy hunting to you as well.

Anton Schneida

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 10:14PM GMT
Tim, in case you are not aware, there is a message on the geneology.com message board regarding Anthony A. (Anton) Schneida posted by Renee Rogers Clay on 1/10/2001.

Re: Schneiders of New Orlands

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 5:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schneider, LucdeGuerre, Gusman...
I haven't posted in quite some time. Still looking for ancestors of Charles Schneider.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions