Search for content in message boards

MCCULLOUGH BROTHERS

MCCULLOUGH BROTHERS

Carol McNew (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MCCULLOUGH, KIRK
I am researching my Gr Grandfather James MCCullough and his brother Samuel who came to the USA. James was born in Down, County Cork, Ireland, on September 1, 1818; Samuel on November 18, 1822. I do not have any info on their parents.

The McCullough brothers married sisters in Pennsylvania, Rhoda and Hannah Kirk.

I would like to find anyone who knows of the family before they left Ireland.

Re: MCCULLOUGH BROTHERS

Posted: 6 Nov 2001 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 1:12AM GMT
There are brothers James and Samuel in my line. They had to have been born after 1850 or there abouts are you sure about the years. There were also Andrew, Mary, John, Isabella, William, and Hugh. They came from Ireland and were here for the 1850 census. James and Samuel were born here in the USA as far as my information goes.

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 2:08AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2003 10:49PM GMT
Hi, We don't have any information about Ireland but we do know the parents of James and Samuel. The parents are Samuel McCullough Jr. and Margaret (Martin) McCullough. They are buried in Rimersburg Cemetery, Rimersburg, Clarion Co,.PA. It appears that Samuel Jr's father is also buried with them. Samuel and James also had the following brothers and sisters: William. Jane, David Martin, Margaret, Azel Summerville, and Sarah A. We have bithdates for all and we have infor on who they married. We be interested in sharing information with you and learning about your branch of the family. We could not find infornation on where they came from in Ireland. The first record we have is a census record in 1830 for Armstrong Co. The court house there has the naturalization paper of Samuel McCullough.

We are descendants of their brother David. We look forward to hearing from you.

Debbie

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2004 12:44AM GMT
We are descended from a David McCullough (middle initial M or W) born around 1845 in Ohio, know he married in Knox Co. but haven't been able to find out about his parents. Could he be a part of your family? We were always told there were two brothers who came from Ireland. Our David moved to Missouri around 1880. Would be glad to hear from you! Thanks

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 12:21AM GMT
Our David was born in 1829. He lived all his life in Pennsylvania. We are not aware of any family moving or living in Ohio.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 12:06AM GMT
Would like to share any information you get on the family in Ireland. I am the great great granddaughter of their sister Sarah Ann McCullough McKee.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: McCullough
Would like to share any information you get on the family in Ireland.

I am the great great granddaughter of James and Samuel McCullough's sister Sarah Ann.

Posted: 26 Jun 2010 1:50AM GMT
I would be interested in any info you have as well. Also, did you find all the info (Will and Adoption)on Samuel McCullough Jr. from the courthouse records? My wife is the great, great, great, great granddaughter of Samuel Jr. through James. Any info you have would be great.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions