Search for content in message boards

Dickie family

Dickie family

Denis Croteau (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2004 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Dickie family from West Kilbride, Ayrshire.

Re: Dickie family

Eleanor Strain (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2004 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Dickie; Black; Crawford; Stewart; Cleland; McColl
Am looking for info on my gt grandfather William Dickie born Ardrossan, August 1861. His father was Thomas Dickie, mother Catherine Crawford (born Kilmory, Arran, 1840). William was illegitimate. I have been unable to find out anymore on his father Thomas. Looking for Thomas Dickies in Ayrshire, I came across a marriage of Thomas Dickie (from West Kilbride) to Barbara Paton on 7 June 1861 at Ardrossan. This Thomas was the son of Thomas Dickie and Janet Halbert. I was hoping this might be the connection I was looking for, but there is no evidence to support my theory. Is this Thomas Dickie one of the Dickies you are looking for??

Regards,
Eleanor Strain.

Alex Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2004 3:43PM GMT
Hi Eleanor,

Have you searched for possible Thomas DICKIES in the 1861 census index?

The local historian librarians for North Ayrshire would be able to do it for you if you do not have access to the 1861 index. Their email on the Ayrshire GenWebPage at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~sctayr/index.html

tata

Alex

Denis Croteau (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 12:06AM GMT
Your G-Grandfather was most likely a cousin. Our William Dickie was born May 25, 1875 in West Kilbride, Ayrshire, Scotland. His parents were married in Ardrossan, Ayrshire, Scotland on June 07, 1861. Thomas and Barbara were his parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions