Search for content in message boards

the poet Robert BURNS

the poet Robert BURNS

John Burness (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Mar 2010 4:12PM GMT
I am researching the family of the poet ROBERT BURNS and would appreciate any additional information. My webpage below has 130 descendants and over 700 other relatives so far.

BURNS BURNESS BEGGS

Posted: 22 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2001 2:49AM GMT
Hi! John; I can't add anything to your Robbie Burness but, his sister Isobella M. John Beggs 1793 might connect to our BEGGS.
Also Elizabeth Burness, sister of William,M. John Caird, their dau. Elizabeth M. John Mills.Anne Mills, dau. of Elizabeth and John, M. James Beggs, at New Luce Parish.This line seems to connect to our BEGGS-McGIMPSEY line.
Would you have any info. on these families? If I can assist you with any Beggs info, please E Mail me.

BURNS

Howard Gillmore (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I've been told that I am related to the Poet Robert Burns. To this point in time I have not been abot to make the connection. My Great, Great Grandfather was Samuel Robert Burns. My Great Grand Father was Samuel Burns.
I would be most happy to share more detailed information

Burns ancestor

Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Vannan, Burns
Hello, I remember my Aunt Sadie talking about attending what she called "The Burns Banquet"...would this be like a family reunion? I do not what it was. I have a searh in general queries...read it for info on my Burns....Peggy Vannan Welsh

BEGGS Surname

Brenda Beggs Salazar (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BEGGS, BROMLEY, BURNS, GREEN, PULSIPHER, ROUGHT, SALAZAR
Hi. I am hoping someone can give me some information for this surname. I have very little to go on.
2xggrandfather: William BEGGS b. ? in Scotland ? M. ? who was born in "Eng Canada".
His children: (I only know of my ggrandfather):
Joseph Beggs b. ABT 1862 in "Eng Canada".
I have information for the third,fourth,etc...generation.
Any help is appreciated, and needed.
Thank you very much!
Respectfully
Brenda Beggs Salazar
salazar@oceana.net
Member of Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness

Beggs Surname/New email addy

Brenda Salazar (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BEGGS, BROMLEY, BURNS, GREEN, McCLAIN, McCLEAN, McLEAN, OPPLIS, PULSIPHER, ROUGHT, SALAZAR
Hi still looking for those darn BEGGS. Any help is appreciated.
Also please note the email address change.
BrendaSalazar59@myfamily.com

Burns banquet

John Burns (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Burns
The Burns banquet is probably the annual Burns day dinner held every year throughout the civilized world in late January.

Re: BURNS

SHARON (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2002 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: STENTHFIELD,STANCHFIELD,STINCHFIELD
It is said in the Stinchfield geaneology that one Elisabeth Burns came to Glouchester/Essex,Ma. in 1736 alone. She met, and later married, John Stinchfield. They say she was a cousin to Robert Burns. They had 12 children. All lived to adulthood. I suggest you check it out. If this is so then you have about another million relatives. Good Luck. Please keep me posted. PEACE OUT! SHARON
Posted: 31 Mar 2010 2:39AM GMT
hello, my name is jodie burns and I have been doing some family research on our family trying to trace back to Robert Burns to see if our family is actually connected. My grandfather's family settled in the state of North Carolina. I would appreciate any help here as well.
Posted: 1 Apr 2010 7:13PM GMT
Hello Jodie,

I have conducted research on Captain Otway Burns, War of 1812 Privateer, among many other things. Through my work I have seen many people attempt to go all the way back to Robert Burns, with little success.

I have many of Captain Otway Burns' family bloodline from c.1875 to ca.1940. There is no evidence that he was related to Robert Burns.

If you can send me some of your family names by a direct email to: jackrobinson@hotmail.com , I will see if any of them match names that I have on file

I wish you the best and I hope you do find your connections.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic