Hi folks, I am trying to locate the parents of ALMEDA SANDLIN.She was thought to be born cir:1857. She married first ANDREW JACKSON LIVINGSTON who died in 1891 and then she married JOHN S.BROCK in Cullman Co AL.She was probably born in Winston,Lawrence or Madison County Al. Any help would be appreciated
I am related thruogh Almeda Sandlin also, I didn't know she had remarried. I have her parents as Jonathan Sandlin & Nancy Vest , I have added the information I have below.
Name: Jonathan Sandlin
Birth: 5 JUN 1810 in York County, South Carolina
Death: 18 JUN 1876 in Cullman County, Alabama
Burial: JUN 1876 Antioch Cemetery, Cullman County, Alabama
Father: Jessie Littleton Sandlin b: 1780 in North Carolina or South Carolina
Mother: Sarah Childers b: 9 MAY 1784 in South Carolina
Marriage 1 Nancy Vest b: 26 SEP 1817 in Georgia
Married: 9 APR 1833 in Morgan County, Alabama
1. Sarah Sandlin b: 1835 in Alabama
2. Daniel J Sandlin b: 23 NOV 1836 in Alabama
3. Jesse Sandlin b: 7 MAR 1839 in Hancock County, Alabama
4. Amanda Sandlin b: 1841 in Alabama
5. Martha Sandlin b: 1844 in Alabama
6. Lucy Sandlin b: 1846 in Alabama
7. William A Sandlin b: 1847 in Alabama
8. Nancy A\S Sandlin b: 1848 in Arkadelphia, Walker County, Alabama
9. Frances Sandlin b: NOV 1849 in Alabama
10. John Sandlin b: 1850
11. Almeda Sandlin b: 27 MAR 1852 in Cullman, Cullman County, Alabama
12. Infant Sandlin b: 1853 in Alabama
13. Susan Rebecca Sandlin b: 1854
14. Telitha Sandlin b: 1856 in Alabama
15. Arminta\Armittie Sandlin b: 1875
Donna, sorry for being so late in reading your response to my message. How did you link Almeda with the Jonathan (Junk) Sandlin family? I have been trying to find her parents for years. Yes she did remarry after her husband A.J. Livingston (Andrew Jackson) died. Please let me know your sources for this family as I would greatly appreciate it. I have some info on the Livingston line but none on the Sandlin line.
First of all, my Grandmother "Bertha Higgins-England" told me before she passed that Almeda's parents names were Nancy & John. Then I received information from two different relatives stating that same thing, one was Dan Edmonson, he is in the Morman Church and gave me alot of information. Also, I had read (somewhere) that John was called Junk... Everything seemed to fit perfectly, so there ya go.
Do you know if she and her second husband had any children??