Search for content in message boards

Family of Peter Morrisette

Family of Peter Morrisette

Larry (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandfather was Peter Mitchell Morrisette, b. 1880. His brothers were J. P. Morrisette & Rowland Morrisette, and he had a sister, name not known. Peter was born & died in Princess Anne County, VA. In researching my other llines, I have found a lot of crossovers between PA County and Currituck County, NC. Since I can not find any other information about my Morrisettes in VA, I am curious as to whether anyone has run across these names in Currituck? Maybe they came to VA from NC.

Re: Family of Peter Morrisette

Dorothy Sykes (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2003 7:27PM GMT
My gggrandparents Elizabeth and J. Morrisette lived in Shiloh, Camden Co., N. C. and ran a store there. Their daughter Lilly (Dixie) Morrisette married William Riley Etheridge . Lillie was born 12/10/1861. Lilly and her brothers ended up in Norfolk, Va. One was a Norfolk Police Detective. There are Morrisette's in North Carolina.

Dorothy

Larry (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 6:51PM GMT
I haven't found anything past 1880, when Peter was born.

I do have some 2nd, 3rd, Morrisette cousins who lived in Norfolk in the 1900's.

Do you have the names, birth/death dates, etc. of Lilly's brothers? .

Dorothy Sykes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 11:10PM GMT
May 19, 1923 Virginian Pilot Newspaper had an article that William St. Clair Morrisette (Police Detective) died of a stroke on duty. Lilly's other brothers were:
Charles Edgar d. Feb. 27. 1956 age 83
Samuel M. (the oldest brother) d. 1909 age 45
Jim d. June 29, 1928 had a daughter Opal

Donald W. Moore (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2003 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Gallup, Morrissette
Ms. Sykes, my gg grandmother was Penelope Morrissette who married Jeremiah Gallup about 1841. They moved to Princess Anne County after the Civil War. Would you happen to know if she is connected to your Morrissettes, or any of the Morrissettes in Camden County?

Donald Moore
Virginia Beach, VA

Posted: 1 Apr 2005 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Niles, Berry, Gallup, Morrisette
Donald,
Penelope Morrisette/Jeremiah Gallup were also my gg grandparents. I just got back from a trip to Salt Lake City. I did some research at the Mormon History Library there. I found a book entitled "Camden County Cemeteries", Vol.I by Gloria Twiddy Wesner. On page 29, I found a listing for our gg grandparents in a GALLUP & MORRIS CEMETERY. Jeremiah Gallup, b. Jan.1, 1819 in Camden Co. NC d. Apr.13, 1871 in Princess Ann Co. VA. Penelope Gallup, wife of Jeremiah Gallup, b. Nov.15, 1817 in Camden Co. NC d. Nov.13, 1884 in Currituck Co. NC. I would be happy to share what I have with you and find out how far our lines tie together. You may E-mail me directly at ajvermont@adelphia.net if you want to pursue this further.
Thanks, Alice

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 2:27PM GMT
Well Larry
I have some information on Peter M.Morrisette and was son
of Peter W. born August 1847 died? and India L. born April
1852, they had 8 Kids
Ville D. born 1872
Rudie D. born 1874
Wiley born 1876
William born 1878
Mittie S. born April 1880
Peter M. born April 1880
John P. born September 1884
Roland born December 1890

Peter M. was married to Lydia F.about 1899 she was born June 1885 died 1937 buried Chairty Methodist Va.Beach
Peter Born 1880 died 1944 buried same place.
If this is what you are looking for call me at 734-502-9819
my name is Jack, I have a lot more info.
Jack

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 4:52AM GMT
I have Morrisette family from Camden/Currituck, does anyone know if they came directly from France to VA/NC or by way of Louisana or Canada?

Posted: 22 Sep 2013 1:08AM GMT
My third greatgrandmother was Mary(Polly) Morrisette married Evan Forbes had my ggreatgrandfather Tully Morrisette Forbes

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 9:34PM GMT
Was this Evan Forbes b. ca. 1796 and was he the son of Isaac Forbes, Jr.?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic