Search for content in message boards

Ft Ashby Methodist Church

Ft Ashby Methodist Church

Posted: 20 Feb 2002 4:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 2:51AM GMT
I've recently found that some of my ancesters (Cadwallader/Lease) are buried in the cemetery at the Ft Ashby Methodist Church. Does anyone know if there are records of that cemetery anywhere, or of a source I could write or call? We drove through that area last fall, but I didn't see a church. Thanks.
Gene

Re: Ft Ashby Methodist Church

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 8:59PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2002 3:25AM GMT
Gene
I too am researching the Lease line in Hampshire / Mineral co WV/VA. What is your background in the Lease line. I am through William Leese who lived in and near Patterson Creek. Also researching Flick/Fleek

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2004 5:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lease, Oden. Robey, Kisner
I also am researching the same line. Charles Parker Lease (son of Andrew J Lease and Phoebe C. Cadawaller) was my great grandfather he is buried in Fort Ashby along with his wife Rosa Lease and grandson Kenneth Lease,

Posted: 9 Jul 2008 12:49AM GMT
Dottie,
My name is Carol Flanagan Cogar.I was married to a Flanagan,his GGgrandfather Samuel lived in Hampshire Co.Have been looking for info on a John Lambert married to Keziah Blue,he was related to the Blues.Do you know who John's parents were? I know he had a sister Lydia that married a William Lease and I believe she died in 1806 in Pa.They had one child John Baldwin,was raised i n Hampshire Co.WV The Leases,Blues and John Lambert along with his wife Keziah gave John Flanagan the Totten farm in Hampshoire Co.WV.This has somehow connected the families together
Do you have anymore info on William Lease and his family? I have been trying to get pictures of the families also,do you know where I can obtain some?
Would appreciate all any help you can give.Thanks,
Carol Flanagan Cogar

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Lease, Lambert, Blue
Carol,
Yes, I can help you. I am out of town right now, returning home next week, will write you then. William Lease was my gg grandfather. John Baldwin my g grandfather.

Have some pictures, would like to know more about what you know of John Lambert and how do you know Lydia was his sister? William Lease married Elizabeth Blue, sister to Keziah Blue as his second wife. No children by them together. All of William Lease's children were born by his first wife, and we believe her to be Lydia Lambert, but no proof. Can you help us in that area?
Dottie

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Baldwin
Hi Dottie,

I to am researching Baldwin's.

Could you please tell me if your John Baldwin is related to my grand father George Seymour Baldwin. I think he was born around Moorefield. Moved to Patterson Creek/Ridgeley area.

Please e-mail me at patrobison@aol.com

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 4:07PM GMT
I do not know about the Baldwins. John Baldwin Lease was son of William Lease, not a Baldwin, however I have often wondered why his middle name was Baldwin and have never found out. I presume there was a Baldwin surname somewhere in his background, but have no idea where it came from.

Dottie

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Baldwin
Hi Dottie,

Sorry, I read the e-mail and did not pick up on the last name as being Lease. Went back and read it again it was more clear.

I have three John Wesley Baldwin's in my FTM.. John Wesley Baldwin, Jr. is the brother to my G grandfather George Seymore Baldwin. Their father of course is John Wesley Baldwin, Sr. b. 1849 d?? married Isabelle McKleeve. Then I have another John Wesley, b. 1869 d. 1949 married Elmira Martha Herrick. I often wonder if this is the same John Wesley, Jr. but I have no dates or wives for Jr. to identify them as being one of the same.

Should you come up with anything let me know.

Pat

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Flanagan,Carney,Schaeffer,Mong,James,Kauffman
Dottie: In reply to your last message of July,2008.I have never been able to find out who John's parents were,he was B:3/01.1782 Hunterdon,NJ D: 2/16/1845 Hampshire County,WV He married a Kezia Blue.don't know date of marriage.Her B: 08Nov. 1784 Hunterdon,NJ ? or WV D: 17 Aug. 1862,they both are buried at Greenwall Cemetery,Keysar,WV
JOHN'S SIBLINGS; Lydia,William.Julia Ann or Julian;I have the birth of Julian as 1815,NJ or WV have both states.I have Julian married John Flanagan in 1838,they had 7 children-William Lambert Flanagan and George T.Flanagan,which gave his mother's maiden name on death certificate as Lambert-I am assuming William Lambert was named after brother.
Lambert along with wife Kezia gave the Totten farm to John Flanagan wife and chidlren-connection was Julian was John's sister
I don't know if i am making sense here.Hope you can understand all i have told you.Would appreciate any picture you care to share

Carol Flanagan Cogar

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Lees/Lease/Leas/
Carol,
This is most interesting information you have come up with and I may have some NJ connections to fill in the blanks. I will do some checking and get back with you as quick as I can. The Flanagan's did not live far from the Leases and there is a connection to them. Must get out my information and see what I come up with. This is great information. Where did you find it?
Has anyone ever heard of Cornelius and Hannah Lease????
Dottie dott114029@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic