Search for content in message boards

Captain James Lawrence

Captain James Lawrence

Elizabeth Shurter (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 2:13PM GMT
Capt. James Lawrence was a noted hero the 1812 war, having said Don't give up the ship as he lay dying. Family tradition is that he was the brother of my ancestor. I would like any information at all about his place of birth and his family. As far as I know, he died without issue.

Capt. James Lawrence

Kerry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 7:24PM GMT
James was born in New Jresey Oct. 1, 1781. He was the son of John Brown Lawrence and Martha Tallman. He had 7 sisters and 3 brothers. James married Julia Montandevert in 1808 and had two children -- Mary and James. I have more info if you would like it.

Capt. James Lawrence

Kerry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 7:24PM GMT
James was born in New Jresey Oct. 1, 1781. He was the son of John Brown Lawrence and Martha Tallman. He had 7 sisters and 3 brothers. James married Julia Montandevert in 1808 and had two children -- Mary and James. I have more info if you would like it.

Capt Lawrence

BETH (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 10:05AM GMT
I am trying to contact Kerry, who sent me the attached message on 27 October.

Are you there? I do want the info - please send it or send me your e-mail address.

Thanks

Capt James Lawrence

Kerry (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 5:08PM GMT
Beth...you can email me at kerryjeff@adelphia.net

Re: Capt. James Lawrence

Posted: 23 Jul 2009 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a distant relation to James Lawrence through the Stout families.

Re: Captain James Lawrence

Posted: 3 Dec 2010 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
I'm related to him as well i belive he's my great great great great grandfather. His grandaughter Harriet Lawerence is my great grandmother

Re: Captain James Lawrence

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
On another message board, there's a nondocumented claim that Captain Lawrence is related to T. E. Lawrence, aka Lawrence of Arabia.

Anyone know if this is in fact true?

Thanks. You can e-mail me direct at billluvsbeer@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions