Search for content in message boards

Surnames-DENNIS/MICHENER/FOREMAN

Surnames-DENNIS/MICHENER/FOREMAN

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 5:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: DENNIS/MITCHENER/MICHENER/FOREMAN
Searching for info regarding family of Jonas MICHENER ,son of Amos and Leah Sheppard and wife Eva DENNIS circa 1828 living in Humberstone.I donot know the parents of Eve. Also this family has a connection to FOREMAN as I have a picture labeled 'Grandma FOREMAN"and would like to find this link.

Re: Surnames-DENNIS/MICHENER/FOREMAN

ANON (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2003 11:39PM GMT
About 1790, a group of settlers came from Knowlton, Warren County, New Jersey and settled on Spring Creek, Clinton Twp. Among them was Ezekiel Dennis, whose name appears on the first Map of that Township on Lots 12-13, Conc.IX.
Children: Joseph (Beamsville) , Joel (Gainsborough),
Charles (Clinton Twp.) , Isaac (Clinton Twp.), William (Grantham Twp.), John (Clinton Twp.). & Ezekiel jr.(Gainsborough). Eva was probably a descendant of one of the above. Now all you have to do is find the Missing Link.
1862 Tremaine Map shows J. Michener, Lot 21, Conc. I -
West half..

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 2:49AM GMT
Thanks to all for the wonderful leads on my Eve Dennis.

ANON (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2003 6:12PM GMT
Michener Family Chart to Amos Michener
John Michener, born Worminghurst, Sussex, England.
Married August 6, 1686 to Sarah Moore b. June 17, 1644.
D.O. William & Margery (Seldon) Moore
Came to Pennsylvania, U.S. in 1686
Son - William Michener of Plumstead, Bucks Cty. Pennsylvania, U.S. Married April 17, 1720 to Margery/Mary
Kester.
William's son - Joseph Michener, b. 1732 Married Nov. 18, 1753 to Grace Shoemaker. In 1774, moved to Abington, Pennsylvania.
Joseph's son Amos Michener b. Oct. 15, 1767 Married Leah Shepherd. Res. Jenkinstown, Pennsylvania, U.S.

The family Bible at the Jordan Historical Museum belonged to Joseph Michener, son of Amos & Leah (Shepherd) Michener
and he came to Niagara (Canada) in 1818 and settled in
Clinton Twp., Lincoln County in 1822.

Dudley Buck (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2003 1:49AM GMT
Joel Dennis b.1779, md. Ann Horton, John Dennis b. 1775, md. Elizabeth Horton, Asa Broughton b. 1764, md. Mary Horton. They were daughters of Issac Horton, b. about 1850, Westchester NY, a UEL, and they were given land grants in 1806 as daughters of a loyalist. There are many more Dennis names in the census records, and many names are missing from the transcribed, and online databases.

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: MICHENER/CLOUSE
Hi-The last posting was greatly appreciated regarding the Michener line. My g-grandfather was George Adrian Michener of Moulton Station who descends from Amos and Leah MICHENER. Amos had a son Jonas who married Eve Dennis. Jonas had a son Amos who married a Mary Clouse and lived in Humberstone. I am interested in establishing Amos and father Jonas- children and homestead. In order to do this I think it might be best to follow all the MICHENERS in that area and timeframe.Based on the Humberstone Census 1861(district-1-2-3-4&5)Amos Michener born 1819 and died 1864(tombstone noted him as a "Sr")Buried in Mt Carmel-near Moulton Station.Occupation-carpenter married to Mary Clouse born 1824-1911. Children are George Adrian born July 05,1856 died November 21,1924/Isaac born 1846/John born 1848/Sarah born 1850 and twin James /Rebecca born 1858.I am hoping to make my first trip to Welland library to look for Tremaine Maps/census and now will try for Jordon Museum in spring.Does anyone have further suggestions for resources in that area. Will try to send Jonas family tomorrrow. THKS-Sandra

ANON (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2003 12:37PM GMT
Just found something else I didn't know I had. 20 years ago
I typed an article from the Buffalo Evening News dated May 2, 1931, by Lee Heacock.for the Special Collections of the St. Catharines Public Library. Has a lot of the Dennis Family in there, but whether or not they are yours, I do not know.
Some of the following are in there:
Ezekiel & Ann (Heacock) Dennis. John & Elizabeth (Horton) Dennis: Charles & Elizabeth (Furlow) Dennis; Other surnames imostly from the female line, nclude Hutchins, Lane, Johnson, Gee, Ostrander, Coho, Heacock, Srigley,
Cavers, Hamilton, Lloyd, Hillborn, Crawford, etc.

Posted: 8 Mar 2003 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2004 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, Heacock, Wintermute, Johnston, Pearson, Mitts
I have a copy of the will Ezekiel of Clinton d 1810 obtained from the provincial archives. This will devises to his wife and children lot 12 & 13 between the 9th & 10th concesson of Clinton. Ezekiel's wife was Ann Heacock and the children are listed on the will as John, Joel, Abigail, Tamar, Mary, Kezia Susanna & Son in Law Nathan (husband of Mary). Most of these children show up in the book 'Early Friends of Upper Bucks" as the children of Ezekiel, son of John Dennis & Kezia Ball.

Posted: 4 Feb 2004 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 10:53PM GMT
Re: Ezekiel Jr.
The following was taken from the Welland Tribune, Feb 19, 1886, page
8:
"Dennis - In Gainsboro township on the 17th Feb. 1886, Ezekiel
Dennis, aged 75 years, 6 months and 1 day."
That makes his birth date 16 Aug, 1790.
Vivian

sandra Miller (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2004 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Dennis/Michener/Foreman
Vivian-Many Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions