Search for content in message boards

Robert Wilder Dawson Cemetery

Robert Wilder Dawson Cemetery

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wooten, Dawon
The Robert W. Dawson cemetery is located behind the Hillcrest Mobile Home Park off State Road #1257 in Onslow County. The cemetery is a ways back in the woods and is difficult to find. In 1990, John Baker of Baker Repair Shop was my guide. There are over 20 graves in this cemetery; however, only 12 stone markers legible.

Are there any volunteers who might be able to check this out and get names off of the headstones which are readable? Would love to know if this is where my Susan Ann Wooten Dawson and husband Robert Wilder Dawson are buried.

Any volunteers to do a survey on this small burial site?

Re: Robert Wilder Dawson Cemetery

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 5:27AM GMT
Hello,

Do yo know the "given" name for State Road #1257? It sounds familiar but, I can not recall as to where it is locate. Could it be Dawson Creek Road?

I do document endangered cemeteries in Onslow and assist other individuals with other areas of the country.

Send me an email to ... jackrobinson@hotmail.com

Here are two links that explain what I do:

http://www.resurrection-mission.com

http://library-thing-thing.blogspot.com/

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 2:50PM GMT
Jack, I haven't been there is quite a while now but the Whaley Cemetery beside Catherine Lake was all but completely grown over. I could see some headstones but they were impossible to get to. I know there are some of my relatives buried there but my (very) limited mobility prevents me from even trying again.

Thanks for what you do! It is very important.

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 3:24PM GMT
That would be Pony Farm Road
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions