Search for content in message boards

Village City, ND

Village City, ND

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2003 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Sandquist
I am looking for my father-in-laws biological parents. Robert Sandquist (adopted name) was born in Village City, North Dakota on Sept. 9, 1935. Any help would be great.

Re: Village City, ND

Niki Lee (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2002 5:43PM GMT
Hi,
I really don't have much for you except that I don't think there is any such place as Village City, North Dakota. My guess is that he was born in Fargo, North Dakota and adopted through Children's Village, an agency that placed children for adoption. Fargo is where the Florence Crittenton Home was or maybe still is, I don't know. I"m sure you could find this out.....also, I think Fargo is in Cass County. That would probably be a starting place. Good luck!
Niki

Gloria Griffin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2003 2:42AM GMT
Just found this site and was browsing when Village City, ND hit my eye. I suppose this is pretty late but the city or town is Valley City, ND. A birth would have been in Fargo and handled by the Children's Village which was Florence Crittendon at one time, or also by Lutheran Social Services. I gave my daughter up through Lutheran Social Services and that according to my sister has changed names, but I am at loss right now what that is. Hope all is successful in yoru journey.

Posted: 5 Aug 2003 1:55PM GMT
FYI There is indeed a Valley City North Dakota. Valley City is located 60 miles west of Fargo North Dakota on Interstate 94 Valley City N.D. is in Barnes County. I am not sure but I think that you may be right that there is no adoption agency in Valley City and an adoption would have been throught one of the agencies in Fargo. Jerry R.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions