Search for content in message boards

Murray Family of Zephyr

Murray Family of Zephyr

Karen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murray, Fralick, Waggoner, Wagner
Searching for descendants of the Murray family who lived in Zephyr, Ont. in early 1900's. In my husbands ggg grandmother, Nancy Waggoner/Wagner's obituary it said she was survived by a sister "Mrs. Murray" of Zephyr. Parents of these two sisters were: John Fralick and Margaret Ferguson.

Re: Murray Family of Zephyr

Posted: 2 Jan 2009 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2009 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Waggoner, Patterson
Hi Karen,
Do you have Nancy Waggoner's obituary? Could you share a copy. Nancy is in my family tree.

Nancy and John Waggoner's daughter Matilda, married a Patterson, and had my gr. grandmother.

Cheers
Karen Morrison

Posted: 2 Jan 2009 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Waggoner, Wagner, Fralick, Patterson, Schmidt, Johnston, Zarfass, Murray
Sure - here's the obituary:
Uxbridge Paper March 11, 1915 - THE LATE MRS. C. WAGNER
On Sunday afternoon another of the old residents of the town passed away in the person of Mrs. C. Wagner, after a lingering illness of many years, at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Summerville, Marietta Street.
She was born in 1831 in the township of Uxbridge, her parents having moved there from Ottawa some years previous to her birth. Her maiden name was Nancy Fralick. The first forty years of her life she spent in the town of Uxbridge.
She and her family moved to Toronto in 1871 where she remained until 1912 when she returned to Uxbridge. Her husband died on January 12, 1913.
She was a woman well and favorable known by a large circle of friends whom she endeared to herself by her kindly manner and obliging disposition.
She was a long and consistent member of the Methodist church.
She leaves a family of eight children, Mrs. Patteson and Mrs. Summerville of town, Mrs. Harry Schmidt and Mrs. Geo. Johnston of Toronto, John of Michigan, David of Cobourg, Christopher of Toronto and Oliver of Chicago.
Mrs. William Foster of Toronto and Mrs. Murray of Zephyr are sisters of deceased. The funeral took place on Tuesday afternoon to Union cemetery Uxbridge.
The following from a distance attended the funeral, Mrs. Zarfass, Mrs. Boskill, Mrs. H. Schmidt, Mr. Geo. Johnston, Mr. F. Fralick, and Mr. C. Wagner of Toronto, Mr. and Mrs. David Wagner of Cobourg and Mrs. Murray of Zephyr.

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 1:01PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2009 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Fralick, Patterson, Waggoner
Thanks so much.

I am the gr gr grandaughter of Nancy Waggnor (Fralick's) child Matilda Waggnor who married a Patterson. They had a daughter, Libbie Patterson who is my gr grandmother.

I also have some evidence to suggest that Nancy's grandparent, were Chirstopher Fralick and Catarin Smith who were loyalists, and granted land in Canada for their loyalty to the British crown. I have one loyalist record that shows similar data to suggest it was them.

I am hoping to find more evidence to link them more definatively before I go back much further.

Thanks for that information.
I have information about Libby Patterson also if you don't have that. She died from the Spanish flu. I have a source record. One of her children was my grandmother who lived a very long life. She passed away only a few years ago.

Thanks
Karen Morrison

Posted: 3 Jan 2009 1:40PM GMT
You are very welcome Karen. I know we have corresponded before through the ancestry site. Please contact me directly at my email address anytime if you require more info. I will look through the obit's that I have to see if I have others that may interest you. Karen.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions