Search for content in message boards

search for ancestors of Margaret Rodriguez Pampas Hunn - b. 27 Sep 1904, d. May 1985 in Arabi

search for ancestors of Margaret Rodriguez Pampas Hunn - b. 27 Sep 1904, d. May 1985 in Arabi

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rodriguez Pampas Hunn
Hello,

I'm searching for information on the names, locations, etc. of my maternal great-great grandparents who had a daughter (my great-grandmother) named Margaret Rodriguez Pampas Hunn - birth 27 Sep 1904 in Louisiana, and death May 1985 in Arabi, St Bernard, Louisiana. According to the 1930 US Census her mother's first name was Mary. However, I can't find any information on Margaret's father's names or on her mother's middle or maiden names.

My family says the spelling of the surname is definitely "Rodriguez;" however, I think could possible be "Rodrigues."

I know that part of the family spoke Portuguese (even at home after she and my grandfather married - date of marriage unknown), though there seems to be family debate over whether our ancestors are from Brazil or Portugal. (Brazil seems to be what most of the family members believe.)

Margaret's first marriage was to Andrew Pampas (my great-grandfather, d. Nov 1973 in Gretna, Jefferson, Louisiana, USA); and her second marriage was to Edward Paul Hunn (born in New Orleans and died in 1999, location unknown). She and Andrew had one son named Andrew Pampas, Jr. She and Edward had a child named Jocelyn ("Joyce") Margaret Hunn Galladoro.

The name shown on her SS Death Record is "Margaret Hunn."

I greatly appreciate any help you may be able to provide! I've searched and searched on on this branch of my family tree and keep running into dead-ends.

Thank you,

Amy

Re: search for ancestors of Margaret Rodriguez Pampas Hunn - b. 27 Sep 1904, d. May 1985 in Arabi

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I found Margaret's obit in the Times Picayune dated 28 May 1985, page A25;

Margaret Rodrigue Hunn
Died: 26 May 1985 @ 80
Husband: Edward P. Hunn
native of New Orleans, LA
parents: Laurentia Stevens and Lucien Rodrigue
siblings: Stella Roux and Lucille Berthelot and the late
William, Joseph and Cecilia Rodrigue
burial: St. Mary's Cemetery
services: Mothe Funeral Home, Inc
1300 Vallette St., Algiers, LA

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions