Search for content in message boards

Orville Newell burial at Foster Road Cemetery

Orville Newell burial at Foster Road Cemetery

Posted: 30 Oct 2005 6:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NEWELL
Looking for anyone that might be able to help me out by checking out Foster Road Cemetery for my grandfather's grave. I just found out today after years of hunting my grandfather died in Dec 1968 at the Wautoma hospital in Lohrville, WI. Obituary says that there were no immediate surviors. I would love to find out if there is a head stone and if so, what is on it. (A picture would be great!)

There seems to be a lot of discrepancies about what happened to him; the biggest being he was supposedly killed in Canada in 1932!! Also, is there a Hempel Funeral Home in the area; I would appreciate the address and phone number.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Pat

Re: Orville Newell burial at Foster Road Cemetery

David Griffith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2005 1:54AM GMT
The Hempel funeral home has been taken over by:

Ruminski Funeral Home
167 Wautoma Road
Redgranite, WI. 54970
414-566-2313

They would probably have access to records from the Hempel era.

Also, to clarify, Wautoma is a separate city from Lohrville although both are in Waushara County. Neither has a hospital. Wautoma's population is about 2,000 but Lohrville has only a few hundred.

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 2:39PM GMT
There was a hospital in Wautoma. It closed about 1980. Then everyone had to go to Wild Rose Hospital.

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 5:45AM GMT
There was also a hospital in Berlin that was used alot by Waushara County residents. It is where alot of my ancestors were born and they lived in Plainfield/Hancock

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 9:05PM GMT
Casjens2: Did you ever find someone to hunt up your request in the Foster Road cemetary? By the way, it is in Redgranite Wi. not Lohrville or Wautoma. I'm not that far from it (10 miles) and could take a drive over there if you are sure that is the burial site. It is about 5 acres so it would take some time looking for it. You can contact me directly at rictrexell@vbe.com

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Newell
yes I did it. And I looked up papers at court house.
Dee
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic