Search for content in message boards

THE NAME DELLOIACONO

THE NAME DELLOIACONO

CARMELA DELLOIACONO (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2003 4:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
MY GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS FELICE DELLOIACONO FROM PALMA COMPANIA ITALY; HE WAS BORN NOV.1888. HE TOLD ME IN ITALY THERE WERE SO MANY JOHNS THEY ALL HAD NICK NAMES.HE MARRIED MY GRANDMOTHER IN BROOKLYN. HER NAME WAS CARMELA DE LUCA. THERE WAS A DR,DELLOIACONO WHO HAD A FAMILY TREEFROM THE 1500S. FIRST DELLOIACONO CAME TO ITALY FROM SPAIN.WE HAVE A FAMILY CREST MY PARENTS BOUGHT IN NAPLES AT THE LIBRARY OF RECORDS. THE NAME MEANS DEACON.

Re: THE NAME DELLOIACONO

linda (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2004 10:25PM GMT
hello i am a delloiacono to from massachusetts

vincent dello-iacono (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:58PM GMT
My name is Vincent Dello-Iacono, I live in San Francisco...My family lives on Long Island NY...My great grandfather moved from Italy to Brooklyn in the late 1800's...I was not sure wherre the name came from...are there many Delloiacono's where you are?

Patricia Dallojacono (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 8:40PM GMT
Notice the spelling of my last name......This name was translated from italian to english in the early 1900's. My father in law's name was Vincenzo Dallojacono born in 1906 Brooklyn NY died March 11, 1998. He was listed as James Dallojacono on his death certificate because he changed it from Vincenzo to Jimmy in his early years.

Are there any other Dallojacono's out there?????

Patricia Dallojacono (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 8:54PM GMT
Notice the spelling of my last name......This name was translated from italian to english in the early 1900's. My father in law's name was Vincenzo Dallojacono born in 1906 Brooklyn NY died March 11, 1998. He was listed as James Dallojacono on his death certificate because he changed it from Vincenzo to Jimmy in his early years.
My husband, Anthony and I live in the San Jose Area.
Is it possible we're related?????

Verna (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 10:21PM GMT
I am searching my fathers family, De Luca from Palma Compania. This is the first message I have founf mentioning the name and the town. Was your grand mother from Palma Compania also? My grandfathers name was John De Luca, he immigrated to the US in 1899 at the age of approximatly 20. I believe he lived in Brooklyn for awhile, then moved to Queens. The name Delloiacono is very familia to me. My dad spoke of people and thing, but trying to recall itall is hard. He is now 90 and in good shape, but alot of the names escape him.
This is just a shot in the dark.
Thanks, Verna

MARK DELLOIACONO (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2005 12:14PM GMT
I AM CARMELA'S COUSIN, MARK DELLOIACONO. MY GRANFATHER'S NAME WA FELICE DELLOIACONO & MY GRANDMOTHER CARMEN. THEY LIVED IN BROOKLYN & QUEENS. THEY THEY MOVED TO ROSELLE PARK, NEW JERSEY. MY DAD, CARMINE WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN.
HIS BROTHER & SISTER STILL LIVE IN ROSELLE PARK. ANOTHER BROTHER IN FLORIDA. MY DAD JUST PASSED ON IN JUNE AT THE AGE OF 81.

Verna (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2005 1:37PM GMT
Do you know where your Dello Iocono's are from in Italy? My great grandmother on my grandmother's side was Rosina Dello Iocono from Palma Campania, there are many DI's in PC. She married Vincenzo Contini. Contini is not a name fron PC.

I have my father's family (DeLuca) going back to 1736 in PC, but have nothing on Dello Iocono, not even coming to the US.
I'm trying to make some connections. When and where were your grand parents born?
Verna

John (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2005 1:33AM GMT
Vincent, my name is John I live in Michigan and am the only dello-iacono here that i know of .... Ha ha. Anne found the message, we thought it was funny. by the way the (dello = means family of) (Iacono = deacons) or so ive heard. I'll reach you by your regular email...hope things are well

Michael DelloIacono (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2005 11:51PM GMT
I am a DelloIacono my family came from Italy (Naples) to Rhode Island. I live in NH now. Their are probably 8 - 10 family members that I am close with that have that name in the RI/Greater Boston area.

I am 2nd Generation American so I am not sure the exact year that my great-grandparents came over.

Good luck on your hunt! Keep me posted.

Thanks,

MIke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions