Search for content in message boards

Jesse Mayes b 1814/1817- Ga d 1878 Dallas Co.,Ala.of Perry Co.

Jesse Mayes b 1814/1817- Ga d 1878 Dallas Co.,Ala.of Perry Co.

Posted: 28 Sep 2004 5:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
can't find his parents-(Maize-Mays/Mayes)m 1 Dec 1835 Sarah Perry ,Perry Co.,Ala she b 1820-d 1851-he rem LaviniaVaughn ,Dallas Co.,Ala. by 1852--7ch & 4 ch---He joined Ockmulgee Baptist Church 49/53.

Re: Jesse Mayes b 1814/1817- Ga d 1878 Dallas Co.,Ala.of Perry Co.

Posted: 9 Feb 2008 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MAYES, WHITE
If you ever make any headway in your quest for Jesse's parents, I would love to hear from you. I too have a Mayes g-g-grandparent in the same place and same time period who is a long-standing brick wall: her name was Mary R. Mayes and she was born around 1823 in AL or GA. She married James White in Dallas Co, AL in 1840 and they resided in Perry Co, AL until the 1870s. I have long wondered whether she might have been Jesse's younger sister. I have been unable to attach her to any other known Mayes family in this part of Alabama during this period (had thought for a long time she might have been the same as Mary, daughter of Robert Mayes who made a will in Dallas Co in 1843, but that turns out to have been someone else; another possibility is that she was a child of the Samuel Mayes and Mary Reid who were in Dallas Co at around this time, but there seems no documentation of that couple's children). My Mary and her husband James moved to White Co, AR in the decade after the end of the Civil War, where she died in 1875.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions