Search for content in message boards

Ephraim Prescott

Ephraim Prescott

Posted: 8 Dec 2003 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prescott/Prescoat/Johnson
I have a Rev. War application for William Johnson, b. 1757
Tar River, NC moved to Edgefield, SC at a young age. William
fought for SC in the Rev. War. In his application which he filed for in Escambia Co., FL in 1841 there is a deposition from Ephraim Prescott/Prescoat who also was from SC. He states that he stayed with Williams family while he was away in the Rev. War. I know William married a dau. of Moses Prescott/Prescoat. Does anyone have any info on Ephraim Prescott/Prescoat?? The deposition given by Ephraim was given in Coffee Co., AL in the late 1840's. William at that time was living in Perry Co. AL. William also was in GA for awhile.

I would appreciate any info on the above people.

Ellen Jones Evans

Re: Ephraim Prescott

Gene Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2003 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Lassiter, Majors, Carnley, Prescott
Please send me any info you have on Ephraim. He is my ggg grandpa

1. Rev Ephraim Prescott, born December 01, 1776 in ,South Carolina; died Abt. 1840 in ,Coffee, Alabama. He married (1) Rebecca Cain Abt. 1795 in ,,South Carolina. She was born December 16, 1776 in ,,North Carolina, and died 1875 in ,Coffee, Alabama.

Notes for Rev Ephraim Prescott:
War 1812 - SC Militia, Capt. Brian March's Co.

Located in:

1790 Claremont co., S.C.
1800 Orange co., South Carolina
1810 Edgefild Co., S.C.
1820 Edgefield Co. S.C.
1830 Pike Co., Al
1840 Dale co., Al (Now Coffee Co.)

Ephraim Prescott was a farmer and Methodist Preacher.
Resided in South Carolina ca 1822 then moved to Pike County, Alabama

More About Rev Ephraim Prescott:
Burial: Prescott Cem, Elba, Coffee, Alabama

Notes for Rebecca Cain:
Cemetery: Fairview
Died at Oak Ridge Nursing Home. Had deteriorated due to a type of
dementia similar to Pakingson's disease. Husband Owen, son Miller,
and daughter in law Virginia were present.
Married in Mother's home

More About Rebecca Cain:
Burial: Prescott Cem, Elba, Coffee, Alabama

More About Ephraim Prescott and Rebecca Cain:
Marriage: Abt. 1795, ,,South Carolina

Posted: 9 Dec 2003 2:16PM GMT
The only thing I have on Ephraim is the deposition he gave in regard to William Johnson who is my 5th great/grandfather and his Rev. War application.

I know that William married a dau. of Moses Prescott so I'm (William states in his application that his father-in-law is Moses Prescott/Prescoat) sure that somehow Ephraim is related if he stayed with Williams family. This deposition states that Ephraim is a Minister of the Gospel and a citizen of Coffee Co., AL. The deposition was given July 28, 1845 before the Judge of the Court of Coffee Co., AL, James Clanton or Clarton.

I have seen, I believe it was a record from the War of 1812 were they listed Ephraim as a Junior. Do you know who Ephraims father was?? Was there a Senior??

Sorry, I could not give any info, but I'm still working on this.

Ellen

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2006 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Prescott Robison Helms Clark
He's my gggg also. His son William Daniel Prescott (1814)and Harriet Elizabeth Richbourg (1811) had James H. Prescott(1834) m. Rebecca A. ?; John W. Prescott (1839) m. Dicy Helms; Hugh A. Prescott (1844) m. Margaret ?; Nancy Ann Lucinda Prescott (13 Mar 1846) m. 5 Apr 1856 Benjamin Wesley Robison (18 Mar 1839) and they moved to Milam Co. Texas with his folks Nipper Adams and Permelia (Burns/Byrns) Robison where they died (I'm from Milam County Texas); Jackson Lafayette Prescott (1848) m. Nancy Eton Clark; Mahala and Nellie Prescott (1850) and George Calvin Prescott (1856).
Nancy Ann Lucinda Prescott and Benjamin Robison named their first son Hugh Andrew Monroe Robison! Also a Harriet Ann and Calvin Parnell. Are you from my folks? I am barbtync at msn. I appreciate the info on Ephraim you posted.

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 12:00AM GMT
Ephraim Prescott was my Great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Several years ago Dan Prescott, great-great grandson of Ephraim Prescott. published a book entitled "A Prescott Path" which has information on Ephraim and his descendants. According to the book Ephraim was born around 1745 and died in 1819. Ephraim lived in Edgefield, South Carolina and served in the Revolutionary War.

It is believed that Ephraim came to the United States as an indentured servant prior to his severice in the Revolutionary Ware.

I do not have a copy of Dan's book but he has sent he excerts from it.

I'm not sure if Dan is doing research; however, you can try to contact him @dprescott2@cs.com. I'm sure he'll be very willing to share any information he has.

I will happily share any information i have.

Posted: 12 Nov 2010 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Prescott
Is the Ephraim Prescott That was born in 1745 and died in 1819 the father of the Ephraim Prescott that was born 1776 and died in 1847?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions