Search for content in message boards

Margaret McCann

Margaret McCann

Posted: 26 Dec 2004 10:47AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: McCann - Algar
Help. I am looking for any information regarding this lady, she married my grandfather on 2nd January 1939 in Belmont, County Down. I am not sure if they had a child, but he was reported missing on 29/05/1940 and wasn't repatriated until 2/8/1945, by this time they marriage had broken down - understandably! Can anyone help?

Re: Margaret McCann

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Margaret McCann
Belmont is a small district on the east side of Belfast on the way to Holwoood. Possibly the marriage took place in the Belmont Presbyterian Church at 92 Sydenham Road. Details on the marriage certificate might be of help. If you know the date you can get a copy of the certificate from <groni.gov.uk>

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 9:24AM GMT
Thank you, I will try and get hold of the marriage cert. Will the groni be able to do a search for the child of margaret as well? Thank you once again,

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Margaret McCann
If you know the child's name and year of birth they should be able to locate the birth certificate. I think the fee covers a search withing a five year period. You might also considering writing a letter for publication to the editor of the Belfast Telegraph newspaper and someone might respond. If you go to Google search and look for irish newspapers or some such you should find the address. Alternatively there is the North of ireland Family History Society <nifhs.org> if a member they will print your search in North Irish Roots. people can be found in Ulster through <bt.com> directory assistance. You have to register and get a password.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions