Search for content in message boards

WALLON, August J.

WALLON, August J.

Posted: 13 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: WALLON
August J. Wallon, "Syracuse, was born in Germany on Feb. 24, 1837, and began learning the trade of book binding in his native country. When 17 years of age he came to America and worked as a journeyman for a time. About 1867 he started a book bindery in New York city, which he continued for eight years, when he went to Rochester and conducted a similar establishment there for a short period. In 1883 he removed to Syracuse and took charge of the bindery of Masters & Stone, with whom he remained until they sold out in 1887. He then established a small bindery in this city, and in 1888 admitted his son, August L., to partnership under the firm name of A. J. Wallon & Son. Their business has grown steadily and constantly and now forms one of the leading interests of Syracuse. In 1861 Mr. Wallon enlisted in Co. D., 9th Ohio Vols., and served nearly two year in the war of the Rebellion. He has been married twice and has three children." Source: Bruce, Dwight H. (Ed.), Onondaga's Centennial. Boston History Co., 1896, Vol. II, Family Sketches, p. 433.

Re: WALLON, August J.

Pattie Wallon (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2004 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have any information about his children specifically a son named Charles

Re: WALLON, August J.

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Patti, just saw your query and would like to reply:
the son Charles is my grandfather and I would be happy to give you any help I can.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions