Search for content in message boards

Surname : Dorney, Co. Cork

Birth Record

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 9:38PM GMT
Civil records start in 1864 so this birth should be in them. They are indexed by year so you need not know the exact location.

Full record will give names of parents and exact townland of residence.

I expect that with a 1890's birth his parents' marriage will be in these records and maybe even THEIR births!

I do advise you to do more searching in the USA for his birthyear: Federal censuses, marriage record, death record...

See excellent article at link below about these records.

You can order the indices and the full records on microfilm at your local LDS (Mormon) branch.

Best regards,
Kathy Flynn, CGRS

Surname : Dorney, Co. Cork

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2001 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dorney, O'Dorney, Dawney, Doheny, Dornaigh, O'Dornaigh
I am looking for information about my Great-grandfather. His full name was James Edward Dorney. born abt. 1891. I think he was born in Co. Cork although I am not sure. I don't have the names of his parents. There is a family rumor that he was an orphan. This has neither been proven or disproven. I can't find a trace of him...If anyone has any suggestions please contact me.

Help find Grandparents

Nancy Jenson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Doheny
Hi my name is Nancy, & I'm looking for a Thomas Patrick Doheny born in abt 1818 in Tipperary, Ire. I think he married Mary or Hannah Morrissey ... I'm also looking for Walter Henry or Thomas (probably a son of above name) born 15 Nov, 1839 in Tipperary. married Mary Elizabeth Reel (or Reil) from New York. Anything on John Patrick Griffith or anything on John Murphy abt 1835 birth in Ire. ANYTHING FROM ANYONE SURE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
g

Re: Help find Grandparents

Posted: 26 Aug 2001 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2005 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Doheny
I just read your message and was wondering if you ever received an answer. I may be able to help you if you did not receive an answer.
Kitty

Re: Help find Grandparents

Posted: 29 Apr 2005 10:10PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2005 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Doheny, Morrissey
Did you ever receive a reply to your Doheny query? I have full info on Thomas and Honorah (Morrissey) Doheny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic