Search for content in message boards

William Daley

William Daley

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daley
I am looking for any information about William Daley who lived in Grayville in 1920. He had a wife by the name of Elizabeth.

Re: William Daley

Posted: 19 Sep 2011 4:08PM GMT
Classification: Birth
My great grandfather was
William Daley,(Grayville IL, his son James Edward Daley (deceased)is my paternal grandfather.

Posted: 19 Sep 2011 10:44PM GMT
Did William have a daughter named Flossie that you know of?

Posted: 20 Sep 2011 3:48PM GMT
He and Elizabeth had one son and two daughters; James Edward, Alma and Ella. I knew James (my gf) well. Never met Alma and Ella. I have wondered about Flossie, too. Could have been a nickname...James and his wife, Emma, came to Oklahoma. It is my belief that William died in 1937 and his wife shortly thereafter. Would appreciate hearing from you and receiving any info that you may have about this family. Also, would you mind identifying your relationship to William Daley.

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 1:27AM GMT
First of all thank you for your time. I am just now starting to trace this side of my family and I don't have a lot of information yet. I have some family members sending me some more information, but I don't have it yet. This is what I believe to be true though, William married Elizabeth and had 3 children. They were Mary E Daley, James E Daley and Flossie B Daley. Flossie was my great grandmother and she married James R Nelson. James and Flossie moved to Missouri, but are both buried in Grayville. I believe that William died in January of 1937 and Elizabeth died in June of 1937. I have a family member sending me some obituaries next week. Hopefully this will shed some light on this puzzle.

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 3:27AM GMT
I have been focused on this family for several clues that it is giving me because my dad (Charles Daley)and his mother (Emma Nagle Daley) never spoke much about William and Elizabeth and perhaps it was because they died in 1937. I was born in 1936 and don't recall ever asking about them. I have James Edward Daley's SS record and he names his parents as Elizabeth and William. Charles told me in his later years that James Edward had two sisters, Ella (she could be the E. in Mary)and Alma. Don't have any info on Flossie. I have never found any information in the census records execept what you have mentioned in you most recent post. My instincts tells me that this is the right family but I am puzzled about Flossie. Do you know if this was a nickname. I have a photo of the family, but my grandfather, James Edward has already moved to Oklahoma when it was taken. Grayville is also a good clue. I have many family members buried in Grayville. Will share the photo with you if you will send me your e-mail address. mjmoore1850@att.net
P.S. I asked my Dad if we were related to the Chicago Mayor Daley's and he replied "no". James Edward was his only son. And then he named Ella & Alma.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions