Search for content in message boards

George Washington Caldwell, SC-GA

George Washington Caldwell, SC-GA

Dane Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 11:54AM GMT
I am looking for the father and mother of my gggggrandfather, George Washington Caldwell (1796-1864). He was born somewhere around Newberry, SC. He married Caterine Sloan in 1817 who was the daughter of John Jackson Sloan and Abbie Wilson. He had seven children, all of whom were born in Newberry. Around 1850 he moved to Meriwether County Georgia and then on to Senoia, Coweta County Georgia. His children's names were: James Richard C. John Dixon C., Abigail C.,Nancy C., Barbara Ann C., Elizabeth Catherine C., and George Robert C. If you have any info and would be willing to share it I would appreciate it. Thanks

George Washington Caldwell

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 8:15PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
My gggggrandmother was Jane Caldwell b. 1808 in Abbeville Co., S. C. married George Chambers. Jane died 1890 in Carroll Co., Ga.
She was the daughter of William Harris Caldwell and Elsy Davis. Any relationship? Shirley e-mail me at LQuin69388@aol.com

Jane Caldwell

Dane Caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
I've not come across a Jane Caldwell in my research, but I will keep my eyes open. Your Jane and my George were not born to far apart and they didn't die to far apart so I bet their paths crossed at some point. Keep the faith.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic