Search for content in message boards

Carl Thorvald Hansen AKA Charles... Denmark to Wisconsin

Carl Thorvald Hansen AKA Charles... Denmark to Wisconsin

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HANSEN
Looking for any information on Great Uncle Charlie, . He was born in Denmark 10 July 1872. His Father was Christian Wilhelm Hansen and Mother was Ana Jensen Hansen.. Both of the Nakskov area of Denmark... The parents divorced and Ana married Martin Marsch Olson (from Sweden) in Denmark, they had son Olaf ..Ana, Martin and Olaf came to America and settled in Wisconsin.. Carl remained in the care of his father... Ana died in 1929, Her Obit. states that her son Charles(must have changed his name when he came to USA) Lived in Madison, Wisc.Son Olaf was also in Madison... I haven't found them together or apart around that time..
I just recently found out that Charles' last name was Hansen and Not Olson...
If anyone has a Carl or Charlie HANSEN in Southern Wi. That could be the one I'm looking for ....PLEASE reply..

Re: Carl Thorvald Hansen AKA Charles... Denmark to Wisconsin

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 1:58AM GMT
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Madison, Dane, Wisconsin; Roll: 2566; Page: 7A; Enumeration District: 32; Image: 844.0; FHL microfilm: 2342300.
1244 Jenifer St., Madison, Dane Co., Wi.
Hanson, Charles T., 57, married at 25, born in Denmark, immigrated in 1882. He was a street worker/ City street dept.
Julia M., wife, 56, married at 24, born in Wi.

Looking at 1910
Julia M Lally 35
Mary E Lally 17
Nora H Lally 16
Clarence M Lally 8
Thomas Olson 45
James Lynch 33
Charles T Hanson 36
Andrew Aas 40
Appears to me that Julia was married before, Charles was not. They must have married bet 1910-1930. This census also says Charles T. immigration 1882.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:21AM GMT
WOW... Can't Thank you enough... I noticed that there was also a "Thomas Olson" , I'm wondering if he could be any relation to my Martin Olson from sweden... More exciting avenues to explore for me.
Thank You so much !

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:09AM GMT
I was so hoping that this was my Uncle but it now looks like he was still in Denmark till at least 1888.. There are church records to confirm this.. so unless there is a mistake on his emigration date that you found, This couldn't be him.. But thank you once again for trying.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 5:18PM GMT
Is this the father and the son?

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Sandby, Asserstrup i Sandby sogn, En gård, 150, FT-1880, C7679
...living/working on the estate of Karen Jessen f. Thorsen...
Christian Wilhelm Hansen 32 Fraskilt [divorced] Andre tjenestefolk [hired worker] born in Horslunde sogn, Maribo amt

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Købelev, Købelev by, Købelev sogn, Lollands Nørre herred, Maribo amt, et hus, 8, FT-1880, C9896
Jens Rasmus Hendrik Jensen 57 Gift husfader, arbejder ved kirken born in Nakskov
Karen Johanne Pedersen 58 Gift hans kone born in this parish
Carl Thorvald Hansen 7 Ugift plejesøn af familien [foster son of the family] born in Utterslev Sogn, Maribo Amt <----
Frederik Ferdinand Nielsen 49 Gift husfader, forpagter b København
Kirsten Pedersen 56 Gift hans kone b Utterslev Sogn, Maribo Amt
Niels Peter Frederiksen 13 Ugift deres søn Horslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt

Ah, thought I remembered your family! Here is a link to an earlier discussion:
http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,52685.0.htm...

Carl Thorvald Hansen was born 10 July 1872 and confirmed 03 October 1886 (not 1888). SOURCE: Købelev churchbook 1859-1891, ops 20 #4

REGISTRATION in COPENHAGEN of INTENT TO EMIGRATE
Ann Jensen, kone (wife) age 30, destination NY City
with her is son Olaf Jensen age 1
Registration date: 03 March 1882
Last parish of residence: Købelev (on Lolland)
Last res. amt: Maribo [an amt is like a state in the USA]
Ship: Geiser

(It is traditional Danish naming practice that she keeps her maiden name. Olaf Jensen is probably a mistake as he is Olaf Olsen)

So we'll look for the above Carl to immigrate after 03 October 1886 and see what his destination is.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions