Search for content in message boards

i am a spencer searching

i am a spencer searching

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: spencer
I am a 3rd gen spencer here,(to the best of my knowledge).Great grand son of herbert the 1st.nephew to herbert the 2nd, and cousin to herbert the 3rd.Lawrence Spencer was my great uncle,and he had many siblings.At 4 years old his family settled in south new jersey.the rest of the spencers set up in philly.roxborough to be specific.My direct family were mech engineers and machinist in the philly area.I am not well, and a shame, I am the last looking over here.I have tons of info,and willing to share if it helps

Re: i am a spencer searching

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 7:29AM GMT
Hi Patrick Spencer,

I am Diane of the 4bros line. Do you know any other info--such as middle names, and/or maiden names of wives they married, and/or from where your line originated? Herbert and Lawrence are names sometimes w/in the 4brothers Spencer group--but would need more info to be of assistance to you.

A dna test of yourself would be the really best thing for you to do---as it is painless--only takes a swab inside your cheek to gather cells to analyse (for surname data only---nothing else is gathered and all is private by code numbers-and info only released to you via mail to you). It is only about 100dollars and in 3wks you get the results-

which can solve your wondering,as it will group you WITH the same BLOOD RELATED Spencers of yours---who most likely will have lots of PAPER WORK that may link your lines and answer your questions. You can do this via the spencer genealogical and historical society.

Just go to www.spencersociety.org and when the 1st page comes up, look across from left to right, the catagory tabs at top and click on the Dna tab. It brings up a page ex- plaining, and then at bottom of that page is a LINK to click on that takes you to the familytreesdna page running the group testing.

GOOD LUCK---write again if i can help---my direct email is

dimari_ (then the) at (symbol, then) hotmail (dot) com

thanks--bye for now---diane m. spencer (10th generation directly down from Michael of the 4bros Spencer from Stotfold, England to America c.1630)

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 12:58PM GMT
I also descend from Spencers in South Jersey, but I do not recognize any of your names, so I guess we are from separate lines. Jacob Spencer (1737-1836) lived in Salem and Gloucester counties, and my line (Joseph and his brother Bloomfield Spencer) settled in Cumberland County in the latter 1800s.

Ken Grace

Posted: 31 Jan 2010 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: SPENCER, WATSON, COCHRAN
I have been trying to locate data on Jessie SPENCER of Philadelphia PA, born in Philadelphia in 1842.
She married John Woodman Watson, sailmaker, on 07 September 1862. They were married by a minister of Ebenezer Methodist Church at a private residence located at 133 Congress St, near South Front St. I have not been able to locate anything about her prior to her marriage.
She later divorced John Woodman WATSON (abt 1876) and lived out her life as Mrs John FORSMAN. Jessie died at Camden NJ in 1911.
Thanks for your attention. Happy hunting!
Al
per page

Find a board about a specific topic