Search for content in message boards

Stevenson, Aaron and Noah - A Brick Wall 7 years have never solved

Stevenson, Aaron and Noah - A Brick Wall 7 years have never solved

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 11:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stevenson, Aaron (b) 1860 Noah (b) 1855 A very big brick wall.
Aaron and Noah Stevenson appear in the 1871 census in Markham and in the 1881 Census with James G. Stephenson (name mis spelled) Noah appears in the 1861 census in Markham age 6, Aaron age 1 with their parents. After 1881 they disappear.
James G. Stephenson moved to Charlevoix Michigan and later settled in Elburn Illinois, but there does not appear to have Aaron and Noah with him.
They last lived in Agincourt but devout presbyterians they do not appear to be in Knox Cemetery Agincourt, they are not buried with their parents in St. Andrews Presbyterian Cemetery, Markham.
Anyone knowing/thinking they know where these two are please, please contact me.
Bill Walker

Re: Stevenson, Aaron and Noah - A Brick Wall 7 years have never solved

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 10:11AM GMT
1891 census Winnipeg Manitoba

N Stevenson, 26, lodger, b Ontario, both parents b Scotland, Salvation Army, blacksmith.
He is lodging with Thomas & Sarah Walker.
Don't know if this is your Noah or not.

1901 census Norfolk, MacDonald, Manitoba

David Stevenson, 28 Oct 1858, Ontario, farmer.
Elisibeth, 27, Ont
James W, 1898, Manitoba
Nellie M, 1900, Manitoba
They are still there on 1911 census.

Aaron is 10 on 1871 census, not 1.

1881 census Scarborough, Aaron and Noah are still with mother Sarah,father Andrew plus siblings. Aaron is a blacksmith.

Marriage:
James Gray Stevenson, 30, b Markham, living Scarborough, blacksmith, s/o Andrew Stevenson & Sarah Gray, married Margaret Mann, 21, b and living Scarboro, d/o John Mann& Mary Crummins, witn: Elizabeth Thompson of Scarboro, 24 Dec 1881 at Agincourt, Registration # 012931.

I don't see any marriages for any of the children of Andrew and Sarah or deaths either on ancestry.ca. Did they all move to the US with brother James?
I don't have any access to US records but Ancestry.com does have a 14 day free trial.
Don't see any of them on Border Crossings.

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 12:37PM GMT
Hi Satch,
Thanks for the info. N. Stevenson is the closest I have come and David G. Stevenson did live in that area so maybe Noah went out there. The occupation is right. The age a little off but that is not unlikely in early census - there were reasons I guess. David (farmer-grain dealer went west, as did Edward (who became a pharmacist in B.C.), James G. Stevenson ended up in Elburn illinois in 1884, his bro. William J. Stevenson in Charlevoix Michigan, Mary was a nurse in Alabama for a while around the turn of the century and later turned home to Stouffville, Ontario and Married Alfred Hoover (they were my mother's parents). My mother is still living at age 95. Andrew Jr. was a teacher in London, Ont. Sam went to London and was a biscuit salesman. Peter was a blacksmith in Toronto.
Thanks for the lead I will be sure to follow it up.
Bill Walker

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Stevenson
hi there, I have the ancestry.com access gammit, I can look and see, where the previous post left off.

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 2:58PM GMT
Dear Bill,
If I am correctly following what you have written, your mother is Marjorie Hoover.
I have information on this family of Andrew Stevenson and Sarah Gray. I have pictures of most of the 12 children and some additional information on their families as well. Let me know if you are still actively researching this family and we can begin to share information.

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 6:30PM GMT
Well I think that I have solved most of that problem. Aaron went to and lived in Milton, Ontario and Noah, was Peter Stevenson from Toronto
But anything that you have I would be most interested in.
Marjorie Hoover was my mother my grandmother was Mary Hoover (nee Stevenson)

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 6:33PM GMT
They were my grandparents Andrew and Sarah Steveson (nee Gray). but know nothing more of the Stevensons and only a very littel bit about the Grays
Bill Walker

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Stevenson, Gray
Yes Still researching Andrew Stevenson and his wife Sarah Gray
some things may have been made a lot more plain since I started but there are still many mysteries.
Any pictures of that family that you may have should be sent to the following address, (williamwalker@rogers.com) I was able to find out some information about Aaron, and Noah Stevenson, not all of it adds up though.
Bill Walker
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions