Search for content in message boards

Isaac Dunn born bet 1780-1791 SC

Isaac Dunn born bet 1780-1791 SC

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on an Isaac Dunn found living in Wilkes Co. NC in 1830. I have traced this individual from Wilkes Co., thru Rutherford Co., NC (1840 & 1850) to Henderson Co., NC where he indicates that he was born in South Carolina. He is 70 year old which would give him a birth date of abt 1790. His wife's name is Milly and they had children Catherine, Sarah and Samuel (b. abt 1833). I believe they also had a son named Joseph W. Dunn (b.1826) as well as one older than Joseph. Isaac's age has varied by a year or two through out the years, but I am confident this is one person. In 1830, he is living in close proximity to an Edmund Dunn, who may or may not be related, and in 1820, I have found James Dunn, Isaac Dunn, and Edmund Dunn living in Anson Co., NC. I think that he may be connected to in some way. In 1850,while living in Rutherford co, Isaac indicates that his occupation is "millright" Any information will be appreciated.

Re: Isaac Dunn born bet 1780-1791 SC

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Dunn
I'm very curious about your Isaac. My John Dunn was b. abt 1780-1785 in Virginia; but by 1790, he's living in Pendleton Dist. SC, with (we think) his father, Joseph Dunn. John's descendants do include a couple of Isaacs & Samuels, as well as Josephs and Williams. John married in Pendleton SC to a woman only known as Mary"Polly". They lived there til abt 1819 or so, then, they moved west to White Co. Tenn. They stayed there a few years, before moving North to Hardin Co.KY. After that, they went to Grayson Co,KY, and finally to Breckinridge Co.KY. My Dad has done the DNA test and we've come really close to the descendants of Jesse Dunn & Joel Dunn from Fairfield,SC.
Also close to William (& sons Joseph & Pharoah),also from SC and later NC. John had 3 brothers & 4 sisters, but i have no idea who they were. All I can go by are the names he gave his own children: James,Nancy,Martha A, Azariah,Littleton,Benjamen and Eli.

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 1:04AM GMT
I just wanted too let you know that I had found a cemetery in Green County Ga. by the name of Bethany Church. I found a James Dunn, and either his wife or daughter Catherine there also. You might try checking at the Court House in Greensboro, Ga. for any reecords they might have on these Dunn's. Hope this might help. Jim A.

Re: Isaac Dunn - James Dunn of Greene Co GA

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Dunn, Greer
The James Dunn, wife Elizabeth Dunn Briscoe, and daughter-in-law, I believe, Catherine, buried at Bethany Baptist Church in Greene Co GA, belong to our line of Dunns. My husband's ggggrandfather was Hiram Reeves Dunn married to Letitia Greer, sister to Elizabeth Greer Dunn Briscoe named above. Hiram was born in GA in 1800 and was a brother to James (per James' will). James was recorded in census as having been born in GA in 1788. Have never been able to loate parentage of James and Hiram, although lots of circumstantial evidence that they may be from the Waters Dunn line of VA/GA.
Paulette Dunn
Douglasville, GA

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 1:11PM GMT
I was in Troup County, Georgia last fall doing some research on some of my ancestors when I came across a will left by a Benjamin Dunn. Since I also had an ancestor named Benjamin I became quite interested. This was a different Benjamin than mine but I copied the will anyway.

The will was written in Fairfield District, S.C. but was probated there in La Grange, GA. in January 1826. In the will, Benjamin leaves everthing to his wife Mary and his 2 children Eliza Ann and Thomas. The will was witnessed by a Pharoah Dunn and a William Dunn, Jr. This was the first and only time, (until I saw your message)that I had ever come across the name Pharoah Dunn.

If this group is part of your line, I would be glad to e-mail you a copy of the will.

Brantley Clegg

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 5:58PM GMT
I know about a Pharoah Dunn. He's in the William Dunn line of a cousin of mine. We've done the DNA tests, and this line is about 3 markers removed from my line. The Pharoah Dunn is s/o William T. Dunn b. abt 1735 in ??; died 1811 in Franklin Co.GA. He may be s/o Joseph Dunn. Wm.T.married to a woman named Olive ?. They had 3 known children: Pharoah,Sr. b.1777 Guilford Co.NC; d.25 May 1859, Marshall Co.KY.
Jesse Dunn b. 1766-1784; a daughter named Millie,b.?
This Jesse may be the Jesse from Fairfield Co.Sc, and we have the DNA on him. The cousin of mine is related thru the Pharoah Dunn line.
William T. married a second time to a woman named :Sarah C.
They had 6 children:Joseph b. 1755 Guilford Co.NC;Andrew,Samuel, and Alexander, and an unknown son & daughter. Joseph died in 1842 in Calloway Co.KY, while Alexander died22 Dec 1846 Chambers Co., Ala.
You can email me for more info. We'd love to know if you all are connected. We, too, had the will for Benjamen.

Re: Pharoah Dunn etc.

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 9:32PM GMT
I would love to hear more about your group of Dunns and how they migrated from N.C. into Georgia and beyond. I've got some missing links that I need to fill in and you could possibly help. However, your e-maill address isn't available off of the Ancestry site. If you would like, you can contact me at mbclegg@emseng.com

Thanks,

Brantley Clegg

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 11:49PM GMT
Hello: I just read your info on the subject Dunn. I am searching for the parents of William T. Dunn (b. 1805) who married Mary H. (b. 1814). We have no idea what Mary H.'s maiden name was. According to the 1860 Census, their children were Elizabeth J., James H., Thomas J., Sarah A., and my great grandfather, George W. Dunn. I've traced the family back to William T. Dunn and Mary H.(?) and have hit a roadblock. I understand that my William T. Dunn was born in Georgia and Mary H. was born in Alabama. I do know that William was a farmer and owned the land in Clarke County, Alabama. In later years, his baby son grew up (my great grandfather) and took over the farm and lived there for his own lifetime.

Any idea who MY William T.'s parents were? In your travels did you run across another William T. that could belong to us.

Thanks, Claudine Dunn Faulkner (ctfaulkner@cox.net)

Dunn lines in NC and GA (Twiggs, Houston, Randolph, Marion, Macon)

Posted: 21 Oct 2007 11:59PM GMT
Hi Brantley,

I noticed your postings with Miss Marple. Her John Dunn line from VA/SC and mine have a close DNA match. There are also close DNA matches with Joel Dunn and Joseph Dunn lines.

My line is a David Dunn born 25 Sep 1786 in NC (possibly Craven or Beaufort, a son of David Dunn Sr and grandson of William Dunn dec'd 1798). My David shows up as David Dunn Jr in 1818 Twiggs GA near David Dunn Sr and a Jesse Dunn, William Dunn, and James Dunn. Also in the area 1818-1820 tax lists and lotteries are William Dunn Jr., Benjamin Dunn Sr, Isaac Dunn, Richard Dunn and Jacob Dunn. I think the first group is from the same Dunn line.

Let me know if you'd like to compare Dunn line findings.
Thanks,
Gary
gkcarson@aol.com

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 11:20AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2009 10:55PM GMT
I am looking for information on William T. Dunn, b. ca 1735 prob. Va, could be NC. This is my husband's line
William & Olive
Pharoah
Pharoah, Jr.
Benjamin
Adolphus
J.D.
Ermal Gene
All the Dunn's except William wound up in Marshall Co., KY. I would love to find William's parents; also Olive's maiden name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions