Search for content in message boards

Stoven Family in Germany

Stoven Family in Germany

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stoven
I'm looking for information on my great-grandfather's parents. My great-grandfather was Christopher H. Stoven born in Schelswig-Holstein by Wilster Aug 6, 1865. He had a brother named Nicolaus according to a letter I have.

Christopher's name served in the German army when they fought Denmark in 1848 and again in 1870-71 when they fought France. I am told that during the war against France, Christopher's dad was shot in the ankle which left him with a stiff leg.

Christopher came to America in 1880 and found himself in Utah. He and his wife Florence Martin had two sons Henry Andrew Stoven and Detlef William Stoven. Detlef was my grandfather.

If you can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Re: Stoven Family in Germany

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 10:13PM GMT
*note--error in my post. It is Christopher's DAD that served in the German army.

Thank you!

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 1:04PM GMT
Hi,
if you like, I could help you.
please contact me out of the board.
mail: Kro2ee@t-online.de

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 7:08AM GMT
Hi,
the person you are looking for is described at

www.rootdigger.de

as Stoeven, Christopher.

Have a look.
Contact through that website.

Greetings from the roots,

Klaus (Struve)

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 2:57PM GMT
Hi, I am a great grandaughter of Christopher H. Stoven. I just did a booklet with some news articles and such along with other family members for my family. How are you related to him? My mother's dad was Detlef William and Florence B. Stoven.
You spoke of a letter you had. I would love to see it.
I have an article about their ranch in Kimball Junction, Utah and an article that Arvin (John) Land wrote about Christopher(81 years old)and Florence Mary (75 years old)when they came to visit Detlef William in Louisiana, I think.
I also have a few pictures of them.
I don't have any information beyond that and if you do I would love to know, see it.

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 10:45PM GMT
Hi Carolyn! I am Detlef and Meta Belle Melson's (Detlef's third wife) granddaughter. I never met him as he passed away when my mom was 6 years old. We are in touch with family from his second marriage as well. Please email me at snemitchell@yahoo.com. I think I have the same article as you, but I also have pictures of Detlef from his later years. Look forward to hearing from you!

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: stoven
I was wondering if the Henry stoven in your family tree, had gotten married to a Margaret miller meier in Germany, if This is the same henry, he is John meier's stepdad. John is my great great grandpa. Any info I could get would really be helpful. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions