Search for content in message boards

Martin - Maryland - South Carolina - North Carolina

Martin - Maryland - South Carolina - North Carolina

Clifton Martin (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 9:45PM GMT
I am looking for African Americans with the surname Martin, who's family move from South Carolina or north carolina to baltimore MD, about 55 - 45 years ago

Martin's SC-MD

Posted: 24 May 2001 11:11AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:52PM GMT
My Martin group moved from SC to Baltimore when my Grandfather was young, probably in the 1930s or 1940s. I don't have much info on this group, and although my grandfather and his parents are recorded as white, the photographs of my great-grandfather's sisters and parents would seem to indicate possible african american ancestry. The earliest Martin that I have is Samuel Marion Martin (1866-1952) who married Addlyn Lee. Their children were Claudious, Callie, William, Gussie, Albert, Lydie, Heyward, Ethel, and Sadielu. Claudious' children were Clifton, Joseph and Dorothy.

do you know

Posted: 27 May 2001 10:29AM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2002 10:18PM GMT
Hello I am looking for Dorothy Lucille martinher madien name was jackson she was born in n.carolina.she was 33 years old at time of my birth.i am now 46 years old.my father was robert john odvar he was 28 years old.do you know her?It says on my birth certificate 4 other children now living whome i dont know.

Re: Martin - Maryland - South Carolina - North Carolina

Stacey McKinzy Barbosa (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 5:32AM GMT
My g-grandfather's name was Charles C Martin born in NC. Not exactly the time period you're looking for, he was born in 1856. He settled in MO with his parents and siblings sometime in the 1860's and died I believe in 1939. Maybe he is a earlier Martin from the same family you're looking for. I don't know if he was a slave because it has never been stated when recounting his history. I would be interested to hear of any African American who's surname is Martin originally from NC also.

Re: Martin's SC-MD

Posted: 29 Jul 2002 11:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to put together a large Mulatto family of Martins out of Jenkinsville, South Carolina all of these are related and I need to put then into there proper family order My aunt Alma Martin's grandfather was Robert Martin married Dollie? The information i have is that they all belonged to John Martin of that area. Please contact me at my email address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions