Amanda Sue Clay Stephens

Amanda Sue Clay Stephens

Kelli (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 12:58PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, Clay, Johnson
Hello!
I am researching my family history. I was lucky enough to meet all of my great grandparents, and my Mam-ma Johnson told me she was born in Olive Hill, Kentucky. Her name was Golda Ruth Stephens born between 1911 and 1916. She was the oldest of 8 children. Her family moved to Letcher Co. when she was 6. I do not know her father's name. Her mother was Amanda Sue Clay (Stephens). I was always told that the Great Orator Henry Clay was her great uncle. Both families were from Carter County.
I have pictures of both of her parents and would be happy to post those when I find out the name of my great great grandfather. I would truly appreciate any help!! :)

Re: Amanda Sue Clay Stephens

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2005 8:10PM GMT
Hi Kelli, Sorry I can't help you, I don't have an Amanda in my line as far as I know. I will keep an eye out for you though. Shirley

Kelli (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 12:57PM GMT
Thank you so much!

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: Clay, Stephens
Kelli,
I don't know if you will see this since it has been 8 years since you posted. We are cousins. My grandmother, Faye Stephens, was Golda's sister. According to my records, Amanda was married to William Stephens. I have seen his middle initial listed as both L and F so I'm not sure which one is correct. I also have Amanda's father listed as George Clay but I haven't been able to get past that. I do have some more information of the Stephens side of the family but not much.
Ashley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic