Search for content in message boards

GLOVER/DAVENPORT

GLOVER/DAVENPORT

Sherill TOLER Kuhlsen (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GLOVER/DAVENPORT
Andrew Jackson GLOVER m Mary P.DAVENPORT 18 Jan 1854 in Plymouyh,Washington Co. Does anyone know anything about this couple? Is A.J. the "slave trader" who took people from Somerset plantation ca 1854 to Edenton,after they were accused of trying to poison the overseer of the plantation? The people were locked up overnight in Edenton,then transported to Alabama and re-sold. I am researching GLOVERs,and grab at any straw that may lead me to the parents of Joseph Benjamin GLOVER,my grt.grt.gr.fa.Any info may lead me back to the right family. TIA Sherill

Re: GLOVER/DAVENPORT

Posted: 9 May 2005 9:18PM GMT
The marriage license had an additional minister listed, one from Edenton. I can't find Andrew Glover in the 1850 census records, but he, Mary and their children (and possibility Mary's sister) are in Edenton in the 1860 census. His listed occupation in the 1860 census is "farmer", and he's 30 years of age.

Posted: 14 May 2005 1:23AM GMT
Cathy,thank you for the reply. Do you have any further info re:Andrew GLOVER? Anything ay be a clue! Sherill

Posted: 16 May 2005 3:49AM GMT
I've got some more information for you -- too much to list here. E-mail me at glroberts@cox.net and I'll get the information to you.

Cathy

Posted: 20 May 2005 3:49AM GMT
Cathy,can you send info to my e-mail address? khlsn@yahoo.com I am SO happy that I may have found a link! TIA,Sherill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions