Search for content in message boards

Calvin Ellis Stowe m: Harriet Beecher...his pedigree

Calvin Ellis Stowe m: Harriet Beecher...his pedigree

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: stowe
Calvin Ellis Stowe {his pedigree} (b.1802) m: Harriet Beecher
I have quite a lot of solid information, however, the difficulty comes in verifying who his grandfather actually was...there are several discrepancies & I would love to be on firmer ground.

Calvin’s father: Samuel Stowe (1772-1808)
mother: Hepsibah Bigelow d/o William & Hepsibah (Russell)

The line I have been working with is:
Calvin Ellis Stowe m: Harriet Beecher
Samuel Stowe 1761-1808 m: Hepsibah Bigelow
d/o Wm & & Hepsibah (Russell)
Samuel Stowe (1740-) m: Abigail Dana
d/o Nathaniel & Abigail Dean
Thomas Stowe (1697-1746) m: anna Wetherby/Witherby
children: Samuel Stowe & David Stowe (10 May 1736-1778)

Nathaniel Stowe (1663-1724) m: Ruth Merriam

Nathaniel Stowe (1621-1684) m: Martha Metcalf

John Stowe (1582-1643) m: Elizabeth Bigge

**would soooo very welcome some solid info re: what I have.
MANY thanks & VERY WILLING TO SHARE...have Hariet Beecher Stowe down pretty solidly.. Diana (Franklin) Turner @ lahbarky@aol.com; or 831-458-2234; or messages..

Re: Calvin Ellis Stowe m: Harriet Beecher...his pedigree

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Stowe, Stowell
I am the 13th generation to harriet beecher stowe. I would love info on the stowe family. My mom used to track the relatives and she has passed on. Very few Stowe's/Stowell's left.

margie (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Stowe
My great-grandmother is Elva Eudora Stowe and descends from this very line. I have most of this information as Calvin was one of my grand-father's brother.

diana turner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: stowe, beecher
delighted to hear from you. you have what i believe is the line from my posting; samuel stowe & hepsibah bigelow {if i am correct} would love more info here...had children calvin ellis stowe, Mary stowe b. 1 july 1799; & william stowe b. 11 nov 1803..that is all i have but would so appreciate anything you might be able to give me. i certainly would be most happy to snail mail what i have to you. many thanks..did you come across any errors in the lineage back to john stow & elizabeth bigg? diana

margie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2006 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Stowe, Stow, Stough
actually...my great-aunt did all the research for the stowe line back to the early 1300's. i only have the direct lineage...however, on rootsweb there is the stowe lineage. only thing is is that you have to run it as STOW not STOWE. additionally, the original spelling was STOUGH. some of the descendants dropped the "e" and some did not. my great-great-great grandfather was one that decided NOT to drop the "e".

Margie

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: stowe, stow
I HAVE A PICTURE OF HARRIET BEECHER AND ONE OF HER HUSBAND CALVIN ELLIS STOWE IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY EMAILED TO YOU LET ME KNOW AT mmjtigercub579@yahoo.com also some of their line down .

Posted: 20 May 2007 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: stow, stowe, stough
that would be great! send it to mirwin003@neo.rr.com and i'll share it with the rest of the Stowe family. My great-grandmother was Elva Eudora Stowe.

Posted: 8 Sep 2007 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Stow, Stowe
I'm interested in your statement that Calvin was your grandfather's brother. I have not been able to document that Calvin had a brother who had children. The Stowe Foundation in Hartford told me that Calvin had one brother named William, but he had no children. Have you found this to be true? Also, I just came across another pedigree of Calvin E. Stow which indicates that Calvin's mother, Hepsibah, was Samuel's second wife, and that Samuel had other children in his first marriage. Do you know anything about that? My grandfather always said that Harriet B. Stowe was his great aunt. The only way that relationship would work would be through a brother or half brother of Calvin. Any ideas?
Thanks, Bev

Posted: 13 Sep 2007 12:04AM GMT

Posted: 13 Sep 2007 12:05AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic