Search for content in message boards

Richard PARKER in OH 1850's

Richard PARKER in OH 1850's

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Sep 2005 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER
seeking more info on a Richard PARKER b 1808/9 in OH. He is in Perry, Tuscarwaras, OH in 1850/60. Wife Catherine. Children, William, Thomas, Abelina, Isiah, Isaac. Richard has three possible brothers, Abel, John and David.
There is a 7 year age difference between Thomas and Abelina, so there may have been other children that have died or it is also possible that this is a second marriage for Richard.

RICHARD PARKER IN OHIO IN 1850'S

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 1:07PM GMT
Hi!
I believe I have been in touch with you before about your Richard Parker. I am also researching a Richard Parker of about the same time frame, the only information I have is at this time I believe I gave to you is as follows:

John Parker b 16 Dec 1758 d 29 June 1844 at Harrison Co OH. Married Charity___?? Her last name was (West)
b March 1760 d 15 Sept 1849 at Harrison Co OH. They were m. 15 Feb 1781 at Winchester, Baltimore Co. MD. HE served in PA line possible resided in Carlisle PA where he enlisted for service in Rev. War; and of Harrison Co OH.

Three of these children were William Parker, b. abt. 1783, father of Harmon Parker, b.1809, living in Tuscarawas County, Ohio in 1852; Mary Parker, m. Walton, and Richard Parker.

sequensce in order listed in source of info which was "Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files" by Virgil D. White, The National Historical Publishing Co., Waynesboro TN, 1992, page 2592.

I have just recently gotten some information about a Richard Parker, Harrison County Washington Township, Ohio 436 Census roll, this was confirmed by 2 different sources. One of them said he was a 50 year old laboror. Would that be about right with the dates you have for him?? I now have to go to the State Historical Bldg. and check it out.

Re: Richard PARKER in OH 1850's

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 2:07PM GMT
Is this the same Richard Parker who married Catherine Sherrow in Harrison County Ohio on 1 Jan 1835?

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 7:41PM GMT
Yes, Richard did marry Catherine Sherrow. I have a bit more info than I did when I first posted this in 2000.
Their daughter Abeline is my great great grandmother.
Richard and Catherine lived in Perry, Tuscarwaras,Ohio. Probably moved there from nieghboring Harrison county shortly after their marriage. They remained in Perry thownship until Richard's death 22 Nov 1883. He is buried in Peoli cemetery. Richards birth is extrapulated based on the age listed on his headstone as on or about 8 April 1808.
I had trouble finding them in the 1870 census but found them under the name Parks vs Parker.
Sometime after Richard's death Catherine went to Iowa and lived with her son Sherrow. She died 8 Feb 1895 and is buried in Union cemetery in Madison county Iowa.

I have tried to connect my Richard to the Richard who is the son of John and Charity Parker of Harrison county and have yet to document that connection
Richard and Catherine's 5 known children:
William: I have no more info on him yet.
Sherrow: b 22 April 1840. Married Lizzetta Crew in 1866. They lived in Clarke and Msdison countys in Iowa. They had 12 children.
Abelina: She married Caleb Wardell in 1869 and had 6 children.
Iasiah and James: I have not researched these two yet.

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 7:43PM GMT
error to what I just posted. Richards birth year should be 1804.

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 10:51AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
I too am looking for a Richard Parker b. 1791 England, married Elizabeth Kirk. Left England 1820 and settled in Marietta, Washington CO, Ohio. When they came from England they had three children Eliza b.1814, Ann b. 1816 and william b. 1819.A fourth child was born in Ohio John Jarvis Parker b.1824. John was the group of Parker that went to Iowa. Looking for anything on the parents Richard Parker and ELizabeth Kirk.

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 11:27PM GMT
Check FindAGrave dot com. There are pictures of Richard's (d 1883) and Katie's (d 1895) headstones. Richard's is in Peoli Cemetery, Tuscarawas Co, OH and Katie's is in Union Cemetery, Murray, Clark Co, IA.

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 12:30AM GMT
Thank You: I have not been real active on this line for a bit, so I appreciate the tip that they are on find a grave,
Bryanna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions