Search for content in message boards

Neyenhaus and Poehlein families

Poehlein

Donna Nolan (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Poehlein, Wagner, Pflum, Reihsteiner
I have a Anna Barbara Poehlein. but she was the wife of Jacob P. Wagner Sr. they had 8 children. she was born 6, 1839 in Baden Barvaria, & died 11, 1928. Buried in Log Church Cemetary, Perry County. do you have any dates? I have two seperate Poehlein families in my line.

Neyenhaus and Poehlein families

Debbie Futrell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Neyenhaus, Poehlein
I know my grandmother was from Perry County, Indiana. She was the daughter of Mannas Neyenhaus and Malinda Litherland. Her grandparents were Mannas Wolfgang Neyenhaus and Anna Barbara Poehlein. ANY help in finding information on these families would be deeply apprecited
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2002 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Poehlein
You can contact Chuck Poehlein at the Perry co Museum, he is the curator---PO box 36 Cannelton, Ind 47586. May be a connection.

Poehlein

Mike Gramelspacher (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
The Poehlein family immigrated 3 Nov 1845 from the town of Birk in Oberfranken, Bavaria. That is near Bayreuth. Johann Stephan Pöhlein was a founding member in 1852 of Trinity Ev.-Lutheran Church at Kratzburg near Fulda. I think many Poehlein are also in the records of St. John's Lutheran Church near New Boston. Those places are in Spencer County, but I think the family was in Perry County early on. I would think that here is an abundance of records on the family.

Poehlein/Wagner

Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Poehlein, Adler, Wagner
Does anyone know the parents of Johann Stephen Poehlein 1813-1868? Did he die in Perry County? Johann and wife Magdalena Margaretha Adler had 14 children. Does anyone have all of their names? I have identified only ten of them so far. Their daughter Anna Barbara Poehlein married Jacob P. Wagner. What was his middle name, initial "P"? What was the date of Jacob's death in 1911? I would gladly exchange and share the family data I have.

Poehlein

donna nolan (View posts)
Surnames: Poehlein, Wagner, Rehsteiner, Pflum
Sharon.. I descend from both these lines of Poehleins. My grandfather is Julius Frederick Poehlein,of Perry Cnty., son of Henry Jr. & Magdalene Margarete Wagner. I have Henry & Magdalene's marriage date as 1879. Did I make an error. Not sure where it came from. All the info you shared is greatly appreciated!

Johann Stephen Poehlein

Edited: 15 Apr 2002 1:44PM GMT
There are indeed 2 Poehlein lines in Indiana, even in Tell City and Troy Indiana.

Johann Stephen Poehlein was married to Magdalena Margaretha Adler, Magdalena was born 7-24-1818 in Germany and died 11-13-1913 in Perry County, Indiana. Johann and Magdalena were the parents of Anna Barbara Poehlein born 7-27-1840 she died 11-19-1928, she was married 1-3-1859 to Jacob Wagner in Perry County, Indiana. Jacob Wagner was the son of John Wagner and Christina Petri, Jacob was born in Munsinger, Prussia and died in Perry County, Indiana. Jacob Wagner and Anna Poehleins daughter magdalena Margaret Wagner was born 10-17-1859 and died 10-8-1945 in Perry County, Indiana, she married Henry Poehlein Jr. on March 27, 1874 in Perry County, Kentucky, Henry Poehlein Jr was born 3-3-1855 in Weiden, Barbaria Germany which is in the Upper Palantinate. Henry came to American in 1871 when he was 16 years of age along with his brother who died on the journey and Henry's step brother.

Poehlein

donna nolan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Poehlein, Wagner, Rehsteiner, Pflum
Bob I have 9 of the children of Johann Poehlein & Magdalena Adler. Jacob Wagner is buried in the Log Church Cem. N. of Hiwy 66 & 166, not far from Cannelton, Perry Cnty., In. Anna Barbara Poehlein is beside him. In another Cemetary not to far away. German Ridge, which is now on a National Preserve, are buried John Wagner, Jacobs brother, & his wife Barbara Anna Poehlein, who is Anna Barbara's sister. Would love to have more info on this family & share what I have.
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 1:44PM GMT
Bob, I would love to exchange information with you, I only have 1 child of Johann and Magdalenda so it would be exciting to get the others. Yes Johann Stephen Poehlein died in Perry County, Indiana, and Jacob Wagner's date of death is 4-29-1911 and he died in Perry County, Indiana, Please send the information to seghcp@aol.com

Sharon

Re: Johann Stephen Poehlein

shelly turner (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Poehlein/Leatherland
Do you have any info about William A. Poehlein b 1884? He was grandma's father. She was born 5/22/33 in Cannelton.Most of her birth certificate has been blacked out. I don't believe he and Ggrandma were married. Her name was Irene Mae Leatherland b 7/18/03. The daughter of Wyatt Leatherland and Mary emma Boyd. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Shelly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions