Search for content in message boards

CANNON family

CANNON family

Robert K. Cannon (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CANNON
Seeking information on William or John Cannon who moved to Caswell Co., N.C. in the late 1700's and later to East Tennessee.
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Cannon
I too am looking for info on Cannons. I have a Mary Belle Cannon who was born in NC.I believe her father John Wallace Cannon was born 1851 in Knox Co TN, married in Jackson Co NC on 27 Feb 1881 to an unknown woman. His father was Elbert Layfayette Cannon Of Straw Plains, Knox Co TN who married Eliza Jane Monday. I have only begun this search so that these are her ancestors is only very probable to me not yet proven. This verification is what I am seeking. Mary Belle married William Extine of Sylva, NC, but family tradition says he met her in Knoxville and this is where many of her descendants are today.

John and William Cannon

YVONNE CANNON (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CANNON, KENNON
I am wanting info on these two Cannons also. I believe Joel Cannon is connected to one of these two Cannons if not both. My husband is a descendant of Joel's thru his son James. I have lots of info on James' line. I also have a copy of Joel's will which was probated in Caswell Co. in 1832.
Posted: 16 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Cannon, Oxford
I am looking for any information on William Cannon. I believe he is the father of Susannah Cannon who was married in Caswell Co. NC in 1784 to Jonathan Oxford. William Cannon and Edward Oxford were both in Caswell Co., NC in the 1784-1787 state census. Does anyone have information on William Cannon or his lineage?

Re: Cannon

Vicky Cannon (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2005 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Cannon, Allen
I am also looking for information on william cannon, he married nancy ann allen in 1814 in person co.,Nc. his father was william cannon also, the only info. on william who married nancy that I have is they moved to henderson co.,Tn. where william died in 1838. could this be the same family?
Posted: 20 Mar 2006 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Kennon, Cannon, Allen
What type of record do you have showing that Nancy Ann Allen married William Cannon/Kennon? Others have also posted that Nancy Ann's sister hannah married Reuben Cannon/Kennon. I am a descendant of Reuben Kennon.

I believe that his father is William Kennon, who died intestate about 1854 in Caswell Co., NC. If I am correct, then my information aligns with yours. Your William and my Reuben would be brothers.

Reuben Kennon died intestate in 1858 in Caswell Co. Estate records show that his wife is named Hannah. Hannah is listed in the 1860 ccensus for Caswell Co. and Person Co. is given as her place of birth.

I would like to exchange information with you.

vicky cannon (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 4:24AM GMT
Hello, the only proof that I have is from family records passed down many years stateing who they were and that they were married, I also found a marriage record several years ago for nancy allen daughter of william allen, and william cannon for person,Co.,Nc., please e-mail me personally, I would like to discuss this family with you further.
thanks, vicky cannon

Re: John and William Cannon

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 1:32AM GMT
I am related to William Cannon Jr....I am unable to fine information regarding his father and siblings....can you help? Thanks. willing to share any info I have.
Kim

Re: CANNON family

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 1:33AM GMT
I have information from William Cannon Jr and later. I need info on his father and siblings. can you help?
Thanks
Kim

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 1:38AM GMT
I'm related to William Cannon Jr. who married Nancy Ann Allen...I have no information on his father or siblings..do you happen to have this information...I would appreciate the help. I will share whatever I have.
thanks
Kim

per page

Find a board about a specific topic