Search for content in message boards

Dane Co. history book

Laurenz BOWAR

Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: BOWAR, GOBEL, SCHLIMGEN
Laurenz BOWAR's biographical sketch can be found in "The History of Dane County, Wisconsin-1880" on page 1091. He is listed in the Town of Primrose.
Laurenz BOWAR, Sec.7; P.O. Mt. Vernon; born Sept 3, 1828, in the Canton of Argal, Switzerland; came to America in 1852, settled in Perry, Dane Co., Wis., and for three and a half years worked for his brother-in-law, Michael GOBEL. He married, Oct. 11,1855, Isabella SCHLIMGEN, born Nov. 25, 1832, near Koenl, Rhenish Prussia; the family settled in Primrose, where the wedding took place, in 1854; 1856-67 were spent in Perry; they then settled on part of their present farm, and lived eleven years; then returned to Perry, where he owned a large and valuable farm, which he sold in the spring of 1880, then settled on his present farm of 210 acres. Mr and Mrs Bowar have had ten children --John, Mathias, Lorenz, Joseph, Charles, Henry, Mary, Josephine, Christina and Frank; the two eldest and the two youngest were born in Perry, and the others in Primrose; the eldest is a landlord in Scotland, D.T.[Dakota Territories] and Mathias and Lorenz are farming near there. Mr. B is a Catholic and a Democrat.

Hope is helps.

Dane Co. history book

David Boehnen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bowar, Boehnen, Schlimgen, Ripp

I am looking for a copy or access to a copy of each Dane Co. History Book.I am especially looking for the year that has a biograpy of Laurenz(sp) Bowar.
This would have been somewhere between 1850 and 1890
Any info would be helpful, including anyone verifying which volumn of Dane Co. History that biography was in. Also if anyone recognizes the following Surnames from a local history book as well:
Ripp, Boehnen, Schlimgen or Bowar.Thankyou

Schlimgen Family Tree

Rosemary Schlimgen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schlimgen
I'm trying to find the location of a Schlimgen's Cave in Perry Wisconsin. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather Englebert's nephew Roman Schlimgen was buried there. He is the eleventh child of Mathias and Kathrine Schlimgen.
Any information will be very helpful.

Thank You.

Rosemary Schlimgen

Bowar Family Tree

Kevin Bowar (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bowar, Buvard, Bouvard
Have seen information regarding parents of Lorenz or Laurenz Bowar and Anna Maria or Maria Anna Bowar - Goebel
as Frank and Catherine BUVARD or BOUVARD. Anyone with more informationas to correct spelling and / or source of this information please respond or contact me at k.bowar@factorymotorparts.com.

Thanks so much,

Best regards,

Kevin Bowar

Re: Schlimgen Family Tree

Thomas Bowar (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2001 10:09PM GMT
Have you looked here: http://www.rootsweb.com/~widane/

It has a lot of resources, as well as a pretty complete Schlimgen family tree.

Tom

Re: Bowar Family Tree

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 11:31PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2001 6:56PM GMT
Hello my name is Stuart Garfoot ,can I help
Regards Stuart

Kevin Bowar (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2001 2:20PM GMT
Yes,

I hope you can help. Any info you have on Bowar - Bouvard family would be great. ALso, my mother's maiden name is Garfoot. I have some info on that line but am always looking for more. Who are your parents and grandparents? Are you doing genealogical research also?

Look forward to talking with you further

Kevin Bowar

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: GARFOOT,TURGOOSE
Any info on the following would be most welcome,GARFOOT,TURGOOSE

Re: Schlimgen Family Tree

Posted: 21 Apr 2004 2:53AM GMT
Just a word of thanks to everyone who has done all this great research on the Schlimgen family. It would have meant a lot to my Mom and her sisters (Agnes, Rose & Soph).

FOR THE RECORD:

Agnes had 5 sons (no daughters)

James DeVere (Me)
William Joseph
Dennis Allan
Michael Dee
and
Patrick David (David after Grandma Smith's lineage (Jacque-Louie David (pronounced Daweed) the French painter.

Both Rose & Soph were my aunts and never had children (however --- they remained dedicated Catholics until death).
Soph was also my God Mother.

By the way --- someone shows my Mom as passing over in Oakland - nope - Sacramento and she was subsequently interned next to my father in Oregon.

TTFN

JamesS
per page

Find a board about a specific topic