Search for content in message boards

SCOTT FAMILY FROM RATHFRILAND, IRELAND

SCOTT FAMILY FROM RATHFRILAND, IRELAND

JOHN SCOTT (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2002 4:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCOTT, LOGAN, GATFIELD
THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP. I NOW KNOW THAT MY GRANDFATHER FRED W. SCOTT CAME TO CANADA IN 1898 FROM IRELAND, WITH 8 BROTHERS AND A SISTER. WHILE IN CANADA HE MARRIED ADA CREE GATFIELD. IN 1900 HE GOT HIS AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP AND WENT TO WORK FOR NIAGARA FALLS POWER. HIS SISTER GERTRUDE MARRIED HARROLD F. LOGAN AND LIVED IN NIAGARA FALLS, ONTERIO. OF HIS BROTHERS, WILLIAM, JAMES, WALTER, ALBERT, ALFRED, ERNEST, GEORGE AND HOWARD, ONLY THE LAST FOUR WERE ALIVE AT HIS DEATH IN 1950.ALFRED WAS A GOLF PRO IN BADIN NORTH CAROLINA, AND MARRIED TO CORDIA. ERNEST LIVED IN FONTHILL ONTERIO. HOWARD LIVED IN NEW LISKERD, ONTERIO. GEORGE LIVED IN ALASKA. THEIR FATHER WAS REPORTED TO BE A LEATHER MAKER IN RATHFRILAND, IRELAND. I WOULD BE GREATFUL FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION I COULD GET ON THE FAMILY.

Re: SCOTT FAMILY FROM RATHFRILAND, IRELAND

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2004 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: SCOTT
FROM THE OBITUARY OF MY GREAT UNCLE ALFRED H. SCOTT, OF BADIN, N.C. IT NOW SEEMS THAT THE FAMILY EMIGRATED TO NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. IN 1897, THEN MOVED TO NIAGARA FALLS, ONT. IN 1898. THEIR FATHER'S NAME WAS ROBERT SCOTT, OF RATHFRILAND, IRELAND.

I AM STILL SEEKING INFORMATION ON THE SISTER GERTRUDE SCOTT (MRS. HAROLD F. LOGAN) OF NIAGARA FALLS, ONT. AND THE BROTHERS- ERNEST SCOTT OF FONTHILL, ONT., HOWARD SCOTT OF NEW LISKEARD, ONT AS WELL AS GEORGE, WILLIAM, JAMES, WALTER AND ALBERT.

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2013 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Scott
my Scott family- Gertrude F.C., married Llewellyn Gamble. Lived in Toronto Canada. Gert's sister is Edith Scott, married Edward McRae. Don't know of anyother brothers or sister's,Do you?

Posted: 24 May 2013 3:21AM GMT
Hi my name is Joanne my grandmother is Gertrude F.C. Scott married Llewellyn Gamble lived in Toronto Canada. she has a sister name Edith Scott married Ed McRae lived in the U.S. believe there from Ireland. I'm trying to find out the rest of her fam. names parents, & siblings. & where she's really from. can you help? Thank You Joanne E-Mail mrtz3jem@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 May 2013 4:03AM GMT
My grandfather came over on a boat from Ireland with 9 brothers and a sister (Gertrude)to Canada. Do not know about another sister. Do know Gertrude married and settled in Niagara Falls, Canada.

Posted: 25 May 2013 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2013 2:33AM GMT
Hi I have the names for my Scott fam. they are:

William F. Scott [head] born Linchhouse, Middlesex
Sara [wife] born Linchouse, Middlesex
Morris F. [son] Middlesex
Mary Amy [daur] Middlesex
Gertrude [daur.] born S. Norwood Surry
Agnes A. [daur.] " "
Edith M. [daur] " "
Louisa J. [daur.] " "

All in London England area. if your related please E-Mail me @ mrtz3jem@yahoo.com thank you Joanne

they Fermanagh Ireland. also they lived In Toronto Canada.

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 3:55AM GMT
Hi I'm Joanne Conorton my gr mother is Gertrude f. c. Scott. her parents are

William F. & Sara

siblings
Edith M.
Morris F.
Mary Amy
Agnes A.
Louisa J.

If you are related to this Scott family please contact me at e-mail mrtz3jem@yahoo.com thank you Joanne

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 4:16AM GMT
Hi penteg I'm Joanne saw your post my E-Mail mrtz3jem@yahoo.com are we related. my Gertrude married Llewellyn Nesselrode Gamble, of Toronto Canada. His son Donald lived in Grimsby Beach it close to Niagra Falls, thanks Joanne

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 4:33AM GMT
Hi my grandmother Gertrude [Scott] married Llewellyn Nessalrode Gamble lived in Toronto Canada. I don't know Gertrudes parents or siblings. can you help? thank you Joanne e-mail mrtz3jem@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions