Search for content in message boards

Marion Co Iowa DeMosses

Marion Co Iowa DeMosses

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss, Elder, Derringer, Jarnagin, Brown, Kradle, Johnson, Rowley, Bible, Swain
I have a list of Marion Co marriages, with the above listed names. Am searching DeMoss and would like to know if (and/or) how these DeMosses are related to one another. Thanks for any and all help. -L

DeMosses of Marion Co Iowa

Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss, Billingsley
Hi Donna; I have a fair amount on the John J DeMoss/Mary Billingsley line, but have holes. Do you know who Mary's parents were? Also, Minerva Karr's mom is Eliza Dickey and Eliza's sister Irene marries a Peter DeMoss, Thomas' brother, but I have less on that line. Do you have info on Nancy DeMoss (dau of John J and Mary) and do you have birthdates for their children Lucinda and Peter (also children of John J and Mary)? Also, I have almost nothing on John J's marriage to Hannah Randles, the marriage date or info on the children of that marriage.

As to John J's son Thomas who married Minerva Karr, I did have the other marriage. But I don't have any dates for chd John Marion or death dates on any of the rest of the kids. And I wondered if the baby of Mary Jane lived at all, or was listed at all.

One last question for now: do you have John J's parents as John DeMoss and Lucinda (Lucy) Chappell?

I would be glad of any details on these items, and appreciate your help. Let me know if there's info I can supply. Thanks!

DeMoss'

Donna Karr Betterton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Karr, DeMoss, Kradle
I live in Marion County and keep a Karr Genealogy. Minerva Karr married Thomas DeMoss 14 May 1858. Some of the names you mentioned are related through Minerva: Jarnagin being one of them. Kradle comes in with Lizzie DeMoss (also called Lid or Liddy) who married Frank Kradle on 16 Sept. 1897 She was a daughter of Thomas and Minerva. She was born 14 Sep. 1875. Thomas DeMoss was first married to Minerva's sister, Mary Jane Karr who died with her first-born child, 14 May 1856. I have no other information on Lizzie but I do have quite a bit of information on the DeMosses if you'd like to contact me.
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Elder, Sween, Swain
Hello,
I am interested in any information about the Elder, Sween and Swain surnames you may have found in Marion Co., Iowa. I was wondering what the records were and the dates. Thanks.

Elder

Lorelei Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Elder, DeMoss
I have Margaret J Elder who married Peter Perry DeMoss
25 Nov 1858 in Marion Co Iowa. This is really all I have,
and I was trying to organize my Marion Co Iowa DeMosses.
Thanks for your response.
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2003 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Elder, Wineland
We have a Priscilla Elder, daughter of Robert M. Elder and Elizabeth Wineland. Roberts dad was John Elder. They were from Ohio but Priscilla moved to Marion Co Iowa. Born in Pa and moved to Ohio.
Caryn

Elder-Sweem/Swem/Sween-1847-1850

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2002 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Elder, Sweem, Swem, Sween
I have William S. Elder married to Mary Catharine Sweem/Sween living in Marion County, IA between 1848 and 1850. They married in 1842 in Illinois. I believe Mary was born in Ohio around 1822. She may have been sister to David, Hester, Esther, Amanda and others. Her father may have been John who lived with the Perry family in Marion Co., in 1847-1850 census. They may have been connected with the Guillon, Stephenson and May families. After 1850, William and Mary Elder moved to Richland/Crawford Counties in Wisconsin. William S. Elder was born about 1824 in North Carolina, near Iredell/Buncombe counties.

DeMoss/Karr marriages, etc.

Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss, Karr
I have extensive DeMOSS and KARR information from Marion Co, Iowa. Please contact me and we can share notes. Perhaps between us, we can clear up some of the problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Lorene (KARR) FORT

Re: DeMoss/Karr marriages, etc.

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss/Karr
I have a few gaps in info about the children (and grandchildren) of Thomas D DeMoss and Minerva Jane Karr. Also, did Mary Jane Karr's baby live? Any help in filling gaps would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: DeMoss/Karr marriages, etc.

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 7:58PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2002 8:49PM GMT
I am also researching these names including the Dickey Family as they also married into these families. My greatgrandmother was Eliza Jane DeMoss and her mother was Louisa A. Karr (b1850), but I am not sure who Louisa Karr's parents were. It looks like her father was Andrew Peas Karr, and her mother was either Mary Doty or Mary Castell. Any info on this? Andrew married Phoebe Ruth Ross Robinson in 1862.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions