Search for content in message boards

David WYATT

David WYATT

Daniel B. Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WYATT, WINGLER
Seeking proof of parentage of David WYATT, b. 01 Apr 1799;married Amelia WINGLER 22 Apr 1824; died 13 Apr 1871. Was his father Aaron or Vicory(Vicory, Vicery, Victory, ect.)?? Also seeking ancestry of Amelia WINGLER. Have info regarding many descendants. Have found his grave, interviewed several descendants. Know where old homeplace was (burned completely ca. 1926-7). PLS respond DanielBWyatt@email.msn.com Thanks, Dan

David Wyatt

Sharon Lail (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt, Wingler
David Wyatt is the son of Vickory Wyatt,b. abt.1780 in Delaware: d.Aug.31,1866. His mother was Mary Owens, b.Abt.1790; d.Aft. 1866. They were married August 03,1803. in Wilkes County.
Amelia Wingler, b.Aug.1,1806, in Wilkes County, d.may 17,1878 in Wilkes County. Married David Wyatt April 22,1824 in Wilkes County. Daughter of Leonard Wingler and Jyre Dancy.
Notes for Vickory Wyatt;
In the Wilkes County School Census dated 10/29/1842, there is a student, Washington Wyatt in the household of Vickory Wyatt. This comes from the Summer 1982 issue of the Wilkes Genealogincal newsletter. Then in the 1850 census, there is a Washington Wyatt age 22. So Washington may be the son of Vickory also.
More about Vickory Wyatt,
Fact 7: 1830, Deacon of Reddies River Church.
I am a decendent of this family and would like to share more info with you if possible.

David Wyatt

Sharon Lail (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt
I'm sorry if I am sending the wrong info, I am new at this and I sent you the info sent to me by a lady in Texas that is a decendent of the Wyatt's. I can't say that I have any proof, I can only hope that the info I receive is correct. I can go back only to my GGrandfather with proof. His name was Nelson Osborne, married to Millie Woodie. Their son, Thomas Clifton, married Ollie Wingler, are my Grandparents, and their son Conce Osborne, married to Zola Brown are my parents. This much I can prove. The rest I can only go by what I have been told. I have be to Wilkes County Courthouse and I hope to go again before long. I will keep in touch as to what else I find.
Sorry again. Sharon

David WYTATT's parents

Dan Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WYATT
Sharon, I appreciate the info on David's parents, but do not agree for the following reasons: 1) David was the tenth child born and his date of birth was 01 Apr 1799(from all records, plus his gravestone, picture of that in my possession). 2) Vickory and Mary were not married until 05 Aug 1806 (cy of marriage bond in my possession). 3) check Mary's date of birth...she was too young to have been the mother of David (you said she was born c. 1790) .
Please respond DanielBWyatt@email.msn.com Thanks, Dan
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2002 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: WYATT, KIRK
David, My husband's grandfather was a John Maxwell Wyatt born in NC. I believe that he is the son of Vickory? Do you have that info. Thanks

Grandfather's name

A Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have located the children of Vickory and Mary Owens Wyatt. They are Lucy Wyatt, Welborn Wyatt, David Wyatt, Nancy Wyatt, Aaron Wyatt, Susan Wyatt and John G. Wyatt. John was born in 1820. He married Mary Brown on March 15, 1839 in Wilkes County. Mary was the daughter of Ezekiel Brown and Susan (Unknown). I hope this helps you.

Re: Grandfather's name

Rhonda Casler (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2003 2:57AM GMT
Do you have a birthdate for David Wyatt or any dates for Vickory and Mary? How did you find this list of his children? I have been trying to find David's parents for a while and have not been able to find solid proof yet.

Judy Potts (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2003 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Wyatts
I have Wyatts in my family and was wondering if you have come across a Martha Jane Wyatt who married Jordan Royal in Wilkes Co. Can you give me any info on either set of parents, brothers and sisters, ect? Their son Thurmond was my grandfather. Time period around 1870 on back? Thanks for your help.

Judy

Posted: 3 Jul 2004 9:14PM GMT
Thomas J Royal and Malvina Wyatt (I think d/o David and Amelia) have a son Jordan born c1874. Is this your Jordan?

Thomas/Malvina's daughter Mary Jane married Wilson Wyatt about 1888; Wilson has a sister named Martha born c1878.

Just a possibility.

Naomi Hooper Green (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2004 11:43PM GMT
I own the Wilkes Co., NC marriage book for 1778-1868. These are the Royal marriages in it.

John Royal & Lucinda Wingler on 5 Sep 1865.
T. J. Royall & Melvina Wyatt on 12 Apr 1867, John Royal, bondsman. (Evidently, Thomas J. from census records)
Thos. Royall & Elizabeth Hicks on 27 Feb 1819, Micajah Hicks the bondsman.

It appears your dates are a little off, because the only Jordan Royal I found was born about 1874.

I will list here census records working from 1930 (the last one open to the public) backwards. Spelling will be as it appears on the original census microfilm. Where I was unsure of the spelling, I have put a question mark.

1930 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - 219/219

ROYAL, Jordan, 57, married at age 21, b. NC
ROYAL, Martha, wife, 54, married at age 18, b. NC
ROYAL, Burt, son, 30, single, b. NC
ROYAL, Manard, son, 27, Single, b. NC
ROYAL, Minnie, dau, 25, Single, b. NC
ROYAL, Thurman, son, 21, married at age 21, b. NC
ROYAL, Lessie, dau-in-law, 19, married at age 19, b. NC
ROYAL, Fred, son, 18, b. NC
ROYAL, Dallas, son, 16, b. NC
ROYAL, Nellie, dau, 14, b. NC
ROYAL, Versie(), dau, 11, b. NC
ROYAL, Dellie, granddau, 4 & 1/2(?), b. NC

1920 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - 326/330

ROYAL, Jordan A., 46, b. NC
ROYAL, Martha, wife, 43, b. NC
ROYAL, Thomas, son, 20, Single, b. NC
ROYAL, Elbert, son, 18, b. NC
ROYAL, Maynard, son, 16, b. NC
ROYAL, Minnie, dau, 14, b. NC
ROYAL, Kermit, son, 12, b. NC
ROYAL, Thurman, son, 10, b. NC
ROYAL, Fred, son, 8, b. NC
ROYAL, Dallas, son, 5, b. NC
ROYAL, Nellie, dau, 2 & 6/12, b. NC

1910 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - 308/308

ROYALL, Jordan, 37, married 16 years, b. NC
ROYALL,Martha J., wife, 34, m. 16 yrs; 9 children, 9 living, b. NC
ROYALL, Robert, son, 15, b. NC
ROYALL, Hallie, dau, 12, b. NC
ROYALL, Thomas, 10, b. NC
ROYALL, Albert, son, 8, b. NC
ROYALL, Maynard, son, 6, b. NC
ROYALL, Minnie, dau, 4, b. NC
ROYALL, Kermit, son, 2, b. NC
ROYALL, Sherman, 1/12, b. NC

1900 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - 204/206

ROYALL, Jordan A., Jun 1874, 25, married 6 yrs, b. NC
ROYALL, Martha J., wife, Feb 1877, 23, m. 6 yrs; 4 children, 4 living, b. NC
ROYALL, Robert C., son, Dec 1893, 6, b. NC
ROYALL, Coy C.(?), son, Aug 1895, 4, b. NC
ROYALL, Haley, dau, Jul 1897, 2, b. NC
ROYALL, Thos. J., son, Nov 1899, 6/12, b. NC

1880 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - Page 85B

ROYL, Thomas, 40, b. NC
ROYL, Malvina, wife, 37, b. NC
ROYL, Nathan, son, 12, b. NC
ROYL, Mary L., dau, 9, b. NC
ROYL, Jordan A., son, 6, b. NC
ROYL, Amelia A., dau, 5, b. NC
ROYL, Elisabeth, dau, 2, b. NC

1870 Wilkes Co., NC - Union - 8/8

ROYAL, Thomas, 30, b. NC
ROYAL, Malvina, 27, b. NC
ROYAL, Nathan, 2, b. NC

He lived next door to Jorden Wyatt.

I did not readily find Thomas Royal in 1860 or 1850 census.

He is obviously the T. J. Royal who married Malvina Wyatt. Write to the Register of Deeds, Wilkes County, Wilkesboro, NC and ask for the marriage record of Jordan and Martha which took place about 1894.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic