Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL / BROWN County Down before mid 1800s

CAMPBELL / BROWN County Down before mid 1800s

Posted: 5 Feb 2005 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAMPBELL, BROWN, COPPER, GRASS
I'm looking for the ancestors of Garvin/Gawen CAMPBELL who was born in Northern Ireland (papers say in County Down). I believe his father was also born in Northern Ireland and that his grandfather was born in Scotland.

Garvin/Gawen CAMPBELL and Mary BROWN left Northern Ireland ca 1826 and settled in Canada for a time ~ roughly 1826-1833 where the two older children were born (son Peter Shepherd Campbell born 01 Sep 1829 in Three Rivers, Quebec)(daughter Mary Campbell born 11 Jan 1832 in Ottowa, Ontario). They crossed the border into the United States ca 1833 and settled in Oneida County, New York where they resided for 18 years; leaving there for Lake County, Illinois; and then to Bad Ax County (now Vernon County) Wisconsin.

If anyone has any information regarding this family I would appreciate hearing from them. I haven't a clue as to how to find them in Ireland or in Scotland. Thanks!

Re: CAMPBELL / BROWN County Down before mid 1800s

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 3:32PM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2005 5:33AM GMT
Bernita,
There were Browns in the Killyleagh area who married into our line of Weavers. I looked on a chart from Ireland and do not see this particular person. However, Killyleagh might be a good place to start....
Shirley Weaver Sipler

Posted: 13 Mar 2005 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: CAMPBELL
My husband is from that line. Do you have any more information on that line????? We can't find Gawin's Father's real name or his mother's name. Do you happen to have any of that information? Thanks.

Posted: 20 Dec 2005 5:51AM GMT
My e-mail address was incorrect and I just changed it.
Please let me know if you still need information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic